MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > The Watering Hole

The Watering Hole Weekends, girlfriends or happenings ... no knife talk allowed!

Old 02-01-2019, 02:02 PM
Steel Addict

This Years National Anthem

Well, I guess it's time to display my serious side...I predict that our National Anthem will be
rendered almost unrecognizable again this year by the latest American Idol winner, or the
flavor of the month "pop-star".I can almost hear their manager saying,"Now remember, baby,
this will be the biggest crowd we'll ever have; When you get to the "land of the free" part,
go for high C above high C..throw in some of those great blues chops too..let "em hear what
you got. Put your own signature on it."
I guess I'm waving the flag,here, but I did wear Army green for 5 yrs, and I hate to see
our country's National Anthem used as an audition stage for every "pop-star" wannabe that
comes down the pike.If they don't understand that the song is not about them, but the people
it represents, I would hope they would find someone who does.....OK I'll be good....

P.S. Even Texas Jack will agree with me on this one....

Tags
army, throw