MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > The Watering Hole

The Watering Hole Weekends, girlfriends or happenings ... no knife talk allowed!

Old 01-19-2019, 09:14 AM
Steel Addict

Some Random Thoughts on Foosball

Yep, dey playin' dat foosball this wkend, should be some good games.Once you get past
all those gradeschool playground antics by some of these pampered primadonas, it's enjoyable
to watch.I get a little weary of all the posing, preening, and strutting, especially by wide receivers
whose time would be better spent learning to catch the ball.
I hate the kickoff rules change...citing safety for the players as the reason.That's BS and
we know it.It's so they can run 5 or 6 more commercials while they are getting organized.Otherwise
why not just spot the ball on the 20 and get on with it?
The new rules have got the defensive players afraid to get within 5 ft of the QB, much less tackle him.And I still haven't figured out what constitutes a catch...but then, I don't think anyone
else has either....including the refs.
I would like to see the Saints and KC in the super bowl, don't like Belichek, and not that crazy
about Tom Terrific either...Don't think Belichek would smile if you gave him a winning lottery ticket.
It should be a great wknd of football though, I've found that the final playoff games are usually
better than The Big One.......enjoy your weekend, guys.......

Old 01-20-2019, 01:36 AM
Super Moderator

They did fix the catch rule - but I hate the way kickoffs are run, the way it's too easy for defensive players to get called for "targeting", the way they screwed up on-side kicks, and the extreme reluctance of the refs to throw a flag on obscene coaches.

I also totally believe that Kapernick did his whole protest thing just so he could play the race card and keep from being fired for an extra year or so. He's a lousy QB and nothing more. The rest of the idiots who disrespected their country should have been shut up by the NFL, but they're cowards. I know several guys that no longer watch football because of that, and I know that I cut way, way back on my watching.

Remember in TV wrestling how there's always a bad guy everybody hates and it gets the crowd all fired up? In the NFL, New England is that guy. Houston is closely tied with New Orleans (oil business, hurricane evacuees, Cajun food, etc.) and so I'd love to see Drew Brees win it all. But I'd even more like to see Belichek and Brady lose.

When I saw the title of your post, I thought you were discussing the table game of Foosball. I played a few thousand games of that when I was young.

Old 01-20-2019, 08:31 AM
Steel Addict

Nah,I stole a line from that movie "the waterboy'...Adam Sandler's mom was always saying
"dat foosball is ub de debbil"..great movie !It's a sign of the times, my friend, if you can't play worth a dam
anymore, jump on some protest bandwagon and ride a new found wave of popularity...

Old 01-21-2019, 07:01 AM
Skilled

I got excited, I thought this thread was actually about Foosball.

I like football but being a Detroit Lions fan I usually get my hopes crushed every year about 5 games in.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:13 AM
Steel Addict

Don't feel bad....I'm a Saints fan, and I got my hopes crushed yesterday....

Old 01-21-2019, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator

There was one touching thing that I saw on Sunday. The NFL has opened up referee positions for people who are legally blind. Helen Keller would be proud.

Tags
back, ball, bee, ca, card, easy, england, movie, play, post, safety, throw, wave