MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community > The Watering Hole

The Watering Hole Weekends, girlfriends or happenings ... no knife talk allowed!

Old 02-02-2006, 11:07 PM
Guru

Welcome to "The Watering Hole"

Welcome the the Birth of the Watering Hole Forum.

Get ready to have a great time while building Unity withing the Community by sharing stories, pictures, experiences, etc of things outside Knife Making.

As we wonder through the Forums we have noticed that while most people tend to visit the entire site and keep tabs on most the posts that take place, there are some that visit just certain forums such as the Outpost, Fine Embellishments, Sheath Making, Photography etc. Not that there is a problem with that, we want the Watering Hole to be a place for everyone to post and share things about themselves or any other topic outside Knife Making.

Like Alex Mentioned, How was that golf game over the weekend ? Any stories or pictures to go with it ?
Let see some pictures of that New Vehicle, Home, Pet, Boat, 4-wheelers etc.
What about Camping, Hunting, Fishing Pictures and stories. I know theres a ton of them.
What about Birthday Wishes. Give a Happy Birthday here to your fellow Forumite or anyone else for that matter.
What about praises of thanks and comments about another forumite that did something for you that needs recognition ?
Ive mentioned that its things not pertaining to knives and the reason for that is because there is probably another place in the forums that is more appropriate. We do not intend to take away from any other Forum. Although If you feel its something that would benefit by being posted in here and its is Knife Material then feel free.
I plan on posting a thread every Monday morning with the topic " what did you accomplish over the weekend " ? This could be anything, even knife making.

I Cherrish the unity and friendships I have within this forum and look forward to it growing even more. I hope with this new forum it can do so.

This is YOUR Forum so if you have comments or ideas that will help with its success, feel free to post them. We as Moderators look forward to your ideas and the growth of The Watering Hole.

Once again WELCOME and lets get Posting !

Shane

shane@shaneivieknives.com
Old 02-21-2007, 09:37 PM

Location: Blairsville--in the beautiful Appalachian mountains of North Georgia.
A fitting memorial---------

Just a little over a year ago this thread was originated by Shane Ivie who passed away shortly afterwards. The context of the thread aptly illustrates what a wonderful person Shane was and remains in the memories of us he befriended. RIP, friend!

Old 08-18-2009, 12:28 PM

Thought this was cool, have a quick look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5erjj6aS5Ws

fmg

Old 08-14-2011, 05:47 PM

Newbie here,just joined the forum.
I have been a member of the RKS for many years,in fact,at the last BLADE show,won a beautiful knife sheath for my Model 28 at the annual meeting.
I hope this is the right thread to say hello to everyone.

Top Dog
Old 10-20-2011, 01:18 PM

Talking Just to say Hello

Hello. I am being very nostalgic today. I just wanted to remind everyone about their experience. Remind them of the good and bad that got them here. I hope to be a good knife maker, but above all I hope to remember the kindness that was taught. Lately in my life it has been equivalent to a social experiment. I have seen kindness and generosity. I have also seen to downside to events. I am grateful for the people that take chances, and sometimes I also indulge in the safety of not getting involved. I feel as I get old I am indulging less in ideally setting by. I wonder, and my question to whomever, is this the natural progression of life? Is this the standard for everyone?

It?s a little philosophical, but I thought it would make for a good conversation starter.

Tags
blade, knife, knife making, knives, newbie, sheath