MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > High-Performance Blades

High-Performance Blades Sharing ideas for getting the most out of our steel.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Steel Addict

HF pyrometer on clearance

Okay! Here I go again. Habor Fieght is clearing out a cen-tech brand of digital thermometer.
( okay I don't care if I spelled it right , it's the third time I have written this message and i'm not to good with this whole computer thing, what happended to rotary dials on phones huh? )
These are really digital pyrometer that will measure from -58 to 2000 degrees F. They will also measure in celsius and kelvin. My old one, not a HF cost me $40 and does not seem to be as good as the one I just bought for $23 on clearance at Harbor Fieght. These are some useful tools at a really good price and I just thought that you would like know.
Hope this helps
Raymond Johnson

p.s. Is this smilie on acid?
Old 04-16-2007, 09:13 AM
Master

Raymond, Sounds like a neat tool but cant find it on Harbor frieghts web site. Do you have a model #?

Old 04-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Steel Addict

Dan
I'll try to remember to get it today. I tried to remember yesterday for Someone else, but forgot. Tax times you know!
Raymond Johnson
Old 04-16-2007, 10:46 PM
Steel Addict

Dan
I got the number, but could not find it on there website and I looked alot. The number was sku#92242 if it does any good. I'm sorry if I caused any problems for anyone, but I was just going on the info that I was given by my local store. So if your lucky maybe your local HF has a few.
Raymond Johnson
Old 04-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Master

My local HF had ten of them in stock until I got there. Now they have eight! $22 instead of your $23, too. Thanks for posting the alert. Now, to come up with some long thermocouples and sheaths for 'em!
Old 04-18-2007, 09:28 AM
Steel Addict

cool Alan! I'm glad this helped someone.
I'm thinking about making a couple of small kilns for jewelery and the like so I lucked out.
There a place called axner potery supply that have large k-type thermocoupler. (axner.com)

Raymond Johnson
Old 04-18-2007, 08:58 PM

I swung by my local Harbor Freight, could not find it on the clearance rack and asked the clerk. The item was in a locked glass case with the original sale price on it. It rang up at the discount price though. Nice plastic case with a thicker rubber covering that can be remove. The outer covering is to protect the instrument from shock, etc. Switch controls temp read out in F, C or Kelvin. And for those folks who really like to cut it fine, it can read out the temp in whole numbers or to the tenth of a degree!

NOTE: Per the instructions, the max temp is 2000 degrees. The thermocouple is thin, flexible and looks as if covered in a braided type fabric. The fabric may well be fire or heat resistant - don't know, I glanced at the instructions quickly but have not had the chance yet to really look it over.

If your in the metro Atlanta area, the HF is the one at Indian Trail and Hwy 29.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:51 AM
Steel Addict

Randy!
That fabric covered thing is the wire.lol
The thermocoupler is the little metal ball on the end. See why we want some large k-type thermocouples. With a k-type you will have a connector block to hook the wires too, but don't thorw it away it will come in handy for low temp. checks.
Hope this helps
Raymond Johnson
Old 07-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Registered

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...displayItem.do

enter 92242 for the part number