MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 10-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Steel Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Rogers View Post

New guys: if you're trying to buy VFD components on the cheap and don't have somebody around who can help you get it running you could be in for a few headaches. Might be better to wait until you can afford to buy a complete set up from a reputable dealer ...
Listen to Ray, I asked my friend why he didn't send me something cheaper, he said in the long run this was cheaper. By the time he sent me all of the parts UPS that would undoubtedly keep tearing up and wearing out because they were junk, he would have ended up spending twice as much. I suppose that's what Ray was trying to tell me when I told him I was thinking about a cheaper non-72" grinder. Lesson learned.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:21 PM
Skilled

My "day job" is AC industrial VFD applications engineering for oil & gas, mostly pumping systems and generally larger 100 to 500kW sizes. Although I usually work with Mistubishi, Schneider (Altivar), Toshiba and Yaskawa VFDs, I occasionally get some other brands coming through by customer request.

If any of the members want to contact me with questions on a particular system or needs advice on speed control programming or basic start/stop I will offer what assistance I can. I can usually dig up a manual online and offer some advice in the form of a sketch or step-by-step. Each flavor programs differently so having the manual makes all the difference.

Cheers,

Dan

Tags
advice, art, awesome, back, brand, build, forge, grinder, make, motor, post, problem, video, wheels, wobble, woods