MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Ed Caffrey's Workshop

Ed Caffrey's Workshop Talk to Ed Caffrey ... The Montana Bladesmith! Tips, tricks and more from an ABS Mastersmith.

Old 01-08-2002, 01:14 PM
JohnM

File guide from Koval - revisited

I returned my guide a couple of weeks ago due to the cracks I mentioned. Koval offered their usual superb customer service and credited my account without question. Since they were uncertain of the modifications for the new batch and time frame for delivery, I opted for one from Uncle Al. Koval called me today to ask if I wanted another one since a new batch had arrived that had been modified to prevent cracking. Again, a superb follow-up by Koval. I do not need another one so I passed.

I know that some of you ordered these and that they went on back-order, so my guess is you should be receiving them soon. I would appreciate hearing some comments from you guys when they arrive as to the quality and modifications. For those that did not see the previous thread, they were cracking quite regularly around the index pins, and at least one owner was concerned about the quality of the grind on the file surface. The material was left quite thin near the pins. Given the price, this might still be a good backup. Thanks.

JohnM
Old 01-08-2002, 03:15 PM
ScottWiley

John
Since it was unknown when the actual replacement date would be I cancelled my order also. The file guide I have used for the past two years was made by Jim Crowell and I don't think I could ever wear it out. I may still re-order another one from Koval in the future.

Scott
Old 01-12-2002, 11:55 AM
T F Wheeler

How do we contact "Uncle Al" at Riverside Machine? Sounds like the old adage applies - you get what you pay for.
Old 01-12-2002, 12:30 PM
primos

The URL is: www.riversidemachine.net/

To get right to the filing fixture, go to Online Catalog, then Knife Fixtures

You can also call (870)-642-4023

By the way, welcome to the forums.
Old 01-12-2002, 02:27 PM
T F Wheeler

Thanks for the welcome. I have enjoyed making and selling a few knives but have really enjoyed the learning. Much more to learn and what a great site for all kinds of info. Thanks for the contact information for Riverside Machine.

Tags
knife, knives