MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2019, 01:35 AM
Registered

Ripped Off?

I'm not going to say who I am or where I'm from. I'm even connected to a VPN on both my devices to conceal my location. My point here isn't to trash the knife maker, it is for me to obtain information.

I bought a knife on an impulse. I told the maker as much as he posted something on Facebook I liked. It was a Sticker that I bought for $300. Obviously I'm not using it as it's intended, I just liked it. Stickers aren't common anymore and I like unique, to a point.

I got the knife and I couldn't stop taking it out to look at it. This knife was beautiful; unlike anything I've seen. After this phase passed I noticed things. Some dimples in the metal, opposite the knife tip where the blade comes to an end near the handle. Also that same spot was black with an uneven cut. I'll upload the photos later. Also I noticed scratches from the knife being taken in and out of the Kydex holder. Also there were black spots on the metal, maybe the Kydex rubbing onto it?

Now, I had a bit to drink one night and I messaged him complaining, complete with pictures. He replied the next day saying that in x years (over a decade) he had never had a complaint like mine. He asked if I had oiled it, and said that Kydex scratches everything and that looks aren't everything. I saw he then posted the same information on Facebook and of course had his followers groveling about his work, how great he was. Of course I felt like an idiot. I accept my part in this, I bought a carbon steel knife without looking how to care for it. And for his part he said if I returned the knife he would give me a full refund.

But I'm not like that. If this #### up is on me, it's on me. If you all send knives out with the same imperfections, and getting a scratch on a custom knife ain't #### unless you plan to keep it on display unused, I want to know.

But riddle me this, if a carbon steel knife should be oiled, why didn't he oil it? Also, why would you put a knife in a sheath known to scratch? I don't know this arena, If I'm being a pratt, that's exactly why I made this post, so you can tell me. But some of the #### he did in defense of his practice I've seen Inmates do and that makes me weary. If I can I'll upload the pictures, thank you.

Signed,
Order into Disorder

Tags
a, bee, black, blade, carbon, common, custom, custom knife, handle, how to, knife, knives, kydex, leather, made, make, making, metal, sheath, sheaths, show, simple, stainless steel, steel