MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Display Case

The Display Case A place to post your latest knives and creations. Let the Knife Network community see your work first!

Old 10-24-2001, 07:44 AM
beknives

Dragon Slayer in Harley Chain Damascus

I just finished this one.With a 11 1/2 inch blade forged from a Harley Davidson Primary chain then resisted to give it flames.The riccasso wrap and ferrule are Brass and the mild steel guard is heat blued,The handle is 6 inches of spalted oak burl over a steel frame with brass pins...
Please let me know what you guys think of this one...
Thanks,
Bruce

Couple of more pictures here:www.homestead.com/beknivessite2/harleychaineds~ns4.html
Old 10-24-2001, 09:59 AM
viper5192

Very nice! Great use of a Harley Chain ;-)

BTW on your sig use the tags img and /img inside brackets.
Old 10-24-2001, 11:49 AM
ansoknives

awsome pattern-....that is really convincing. I AM going to have some of that made by you in the near future!
Old 10-24-2001, 12:14 PM
Coop747

Harley primary damascus

WOW! That is one he** of a blade and knife. I don't know what you mean when you refer to 'resisting' the blade to give it flames, but I sure love the effect! Nice, nice work, Bruce.

...Hey, isn't that an oil leak under the bolster???

Let's see, if I collect all the used belts from my Ducati's, I can make some Kraton inserts!!!

Coop
Old 10-24-2001, 01:14 PM
Bob Warner

Re: Harley primary damascus

Resisting the blade refers to painting nail polish on the areas you don't want to etch. After etching you are left with your design "Flames" in this case. You can paint your name on it and etch to have your name show up. Some people paint a small area so that it is unetched, leaving them a place to electro-etch their logo.

Hope this clears it up.

Awesom looking damascus and knife.
Old 10-24-2001, 06:55 PM
beknives

Thanks Bob for answering that for me.For some reason I couldn't get back on the forums..
Thanks for the kind words everybody..
Bruce
I will try the different code and see if that works.Thanks
Old 10-24-2001, 06:59 PM
beknives

Just replying to see if the Banner comes up in the signature now.
Bruce
Old 10-24-2001, 07:01 PM
beknives

Didn't work oh well I will figure it someday..Someone else like Terry sent me the codes to make my signature line like it is now but I would like to add my linking banner also instead of just my name..Anybody feel like helping a computer dummy out...
Bruce
Old 10-24-2001, 09:42 PM
primos

Someone LIKE Terry?

See there Bruce, you don't hang around here enough to remember where to go to get help. Someone like Terry answers HTML and computer related questions in The Computer Center forum.

Oh well, I forgive you. The code has to be HTML in signatures. EzCodes won't work. Here's the full code for what you want. It is the banner link and the text link, so just replace everything you have now with the code below (copy and paste). This is all one long like with no breaks...

"The Sole of a Knife begins in the FIRE"Member of the American Bladesmith Society,and AKTIBruce's Website

Old 10-24-2001, 09:44 PM
primos

This is what it will look like...

"The Sole of a Knife begins in the FIRE"Member of the American Bladesmith Society,and AKTIBruce's Website

Old 10-25-2001, 05:16 AM
beknives

Thanks Terry,I kenw that you were the one that helped me out last time,Sorry I didn't give you the full credit..
I will get it done now and try again..
Again Thanks Terry..
Bruce
Old 10-25-2001, 05:20 AM
beknives

Lets see if it works now..
Bruce THANKS TERRY....
Old 10-25-2001, 05:27 AM
beknives

YEAAAAAAA it worked..
Terry YOU-DA-MAN !!!!!!
Thanks allot.
Please don't mind me I can't help it I make knives for a living...With all the stuff that has happened to me this summer I am lucky to even be on the forums anywhere at all...
Like I had said before,I don't use photo point anymore and haven't had the time to update my website properly with all the picture that I have of new knives and so I haven't been able to post up any pictures,and I havent been hanging around any of the forum much at all.I have been in the shop trying to pull myself out of the rutt I had gotten into this summer..But that is a long story.
Anyway...I'M BACK!!!!
Bruce
Old 10-25-2001, 05:36 AM
Raymond Richard

Dragon Slayer

Bruce, looks like your creative juices are really flowing again. Whip that knife out and the dragon's hall ass. Its a real beauty. Did you lose your email? Ray
Old 11-05-2001, 10:08 PM
davebolton

Re: Dragon Slayer

Nice patern vivid.
Now thats a knife.

Tags
blade, forge, knife, knives