MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Outpost

The Outpost This forum is dedicated to all who share a love for, and a desire to make good knives, and have fun doing it. We represent a diverse group of smiths and knifemakers who bring numerous methods to their craft.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Skilled

Picking up Shop and Moving

Looks like we will be moving 1 June. Our house sold before it hit the market and were off to Oregon. We will be locating in the Salem area, be in Ray's back yard. Now all I have to do is get my equip moved, The Press and Hammer will be a challenge then there is the mill and the surface grinder and the compressor and the anvil and post vise and grinders and handle material and 2 tons of steel. Wholly S**T. I havn't even gotten into the house yet......... Guess I know what I'm doing the next 2 months. not to mention the Eugene show. My son is graduating from college 20 May in San Diego. We will be loggin in the miles. I will have to have a BBQ up there when i get set up. One requirement for the new house is a SHOP for me. No more garage and outdoor forging for me.

Chuck

Chuck Richards ABS J.S.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:57 AM
Steel Addict

Thumbs up Movin time

Chuck, You'll be gettin here, ( Oregon ) just about the time it starts getting warm and the pollen count is peaking. Hope I get to meet you sometime. I'm down in Springfield-Eugene area. I'll be at the show even if you can't make it. How's this, I'll look at everything for you. So I'll have to take twice as long looking, for me, and for you. Good luck on your move! P.S. Looked at your website and you make some FINE knives!!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 07:46 AM
Master

Good luck with the move Chuck. Be sure to lift with your legs. We don't want any hernias. I second what Martin said. Great knives on your site. Todd
Old 04-04-2007, 07:59 AM
Skilled

I'll be at the Eugene show. Stop by and say hi. Table I-9. Looking forward to getting up to an area with a few more makers/smiths. Thankd for the comps on the knives. My site needs to be re-done and it is going slow. I need to learn a new program so i can keep it up.

CHuck

Chuck Richards ABS J.S.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:23 AM
Skilled

We were used to moving every 2-3 years while I was in the Navy. It has been 10 years now so we have had the opportunity to accumulate more stuff to move. I have already made 10 trips to the scrap yard and even more to the junk yard. Moving really does suck esp after 10 years of accumulation.

Chuck

Chuck Richards ABS J.S.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Skilled

if you are working dreamweaver etc for your site and need some geeky help lemme know, I grok webbuilding
Old 04-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Hall of Famer

Chuck, What you need is a steel container and a small crane to load it on a flat bed. Watch out for Martin. He's a steel magnet. When you get settled in you'll be more than welcome for a visit. We can talk about losing the s on your last name.... See you in a short time. You be an Oregonian soon. Hope you like the new webbed feet......

Old 04-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Skilled

Ray, I have webbed feet already. I like the rain. I melt in the heat though. I will definitely take you up on the visit and you are welcome at my shop when i get set up, or maybe before .

Metalbender, I am using dreamweaver, or at least trying to learn it. I am getting a template set up and will be modifying from there.

See you all soon

Chuck

Chuck Richards ABS J.S.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:48 AM
Steel Addict

movin, movin, movin, keep them doggies movin

Chuck you're welcome at my forge anytime as well if you're ever up/down to Springfield/ Eugene area. I'll be at the show also, North Coast Knife and Forge Supply- tables N 14-15 Martin Brandt
Old 04-05-2007, 04:10 AM
Skilled

Tnanks Martin

It is nice to have a group in a relatively close area. If i want to get together with all the knifesmiths in my area I just go out into the backyard. There are a few who are getting set up (all my students) but I am the only smith around. Though Patrick Hastings found me last year and we are having a lot of fun working on different projects. I will be at table I-9 See you at OKCA

Chuck

Chuck Richards ABS J.S.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Hall of Famer

Chuck, If you go to Martin's make sure you tell him you left your wallet at home. If you already have webbed feet nows your chance to pick up some moss. Just happened think living close to the state pen you can do some classes there.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Skilled

Teach the inmates how to make custom shiv's??? We are really looking forward to the move, Just not looking forward to the process. Hate the thought of having to get a 9-5. I hope I can justify not having to. Just need to keep my butt in gear and make a bunch of knives. oh yeh Then sell them..

Chuck

Chuck Richards ABS J.S.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:46 PM
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodchuck Forge
Teach the inmates how to make custom shiv's??? We are really looking forward to the move, Just not looking forward to the process. Hate the thought of having to get a 9-5. I hope I can justify not having to. Just need to keep my butt in gear and make a bunch of knives. oh yeh Then sell them..

Chuck
Yea, sell them. There's always a catch. Moving is one huge pain. My plan is to drop dead here and not worry about the next move.

Tags
forge, forging, knife, knives