MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Outpost

The Outpost This forum is dedicated to all who share a love for, and a desire to make good knives, and have fun doing it. We represent a diverse group of smiths and knifemakers who bring numerous methods to their craft.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:54 PM

Still Alive and Kicking

Howdy!

Just wanted ya all to know I was still alive and kicking...\\Finishing up the section on Japanese blades on book IV and recovering from a minor mishap but I am still around..

JPH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00444A.jpg (38.0 KB, 45 views)
Old 06-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

"..minor mishap.." can be pretty serious around this bunch! Anything less than the loss of a major organ is classified as "minor" on this forum.

Glad to see you posting again and nice to see more of your handiwork!

Old 06-21-2010, 12:01 AM

TJ:

Yeah...this child got rear ended sitting at a stop light AGAIN (second time in three years) this time in my1978 3/4 ton Dodge van....it got totalled. Got hit so hard it cumpled in the bumper, stove in my tow package, drove the rear end up so far it rammed the drive shaft 1/2 way through the transmission and tore my driver's seat from the body... I was a bit put out by that... was laid up for a while as well but I am a human cockroach....Oh well...I survived to the delight of my friends and the dismay of my enemies.... heh heh heh....

Now I am looking at a 1 ton F-350 that I am going to paint the tail gate international orange and weld on a full length piece of rail road track to he rear bumper and just wait until some square nut screwhead rear ends me next time!

Here's a pic of a "viking" inspired piece I did a little while back, bronze fittings, horn grip and a 48 carat star ruby set in the the sheath's throat....

JPH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00340A.jpg (70.0 KB, 36 views)
Old 06-21-2010, 08:02 AM

Wow Jim! I'm glad you are still alive and kicking.

Nice looking swords there.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

Jim, maybe you should get some tires and hang them over the sides of that F-350 - kinda like a tug boat.

Sorry to hear about the wreck. That's tough on the body, to say the least.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:27 PM

That would work for the sides OK I guess...I am just tired of getting rear ended by a square nut screwhead that isn't paying attentiuon to what they are doing and that is piloting a 2 tone "death machine"..All the years I have been driving I have been involved in three accidents, two of which were in the last three years, all were rear enders and I was the one rear ended...Drats I am tired of this

Well I got that F 350 and now I am armouring it up a bit and doing all the little things ya need to do when you buy a used vehicle but it runs and will haul what I need...

Here's another pic of a hugs and kisses pattern blade I did last week....in 1095/L-6 steels with some meteorite thrown in for the heck of it

JPH
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aya1.jpg (4.0 KB, 23 views)
Old 06-22-2010, 11:00 PM
Skilled

Jim, sounds like the one ton with railroad track bumper idea is the way to go with the way the universe is gunning for you! I was pretty horrified to hear the description of what happened to the van. What explanation did that two-legged jassack give for hitting a freaking *van* sitting still at a stop light?

A blog I share with a friend where we think out loud upon occasion: http://shareourcampfire.blogspot.com/

Proud to be a Neo-Tribal Metalsmith scavenging the wreckage of civilization.

My new blog dedicated to the metalwork I make and sell: http://helmforge.blogspot.com/
Old 06-23-2010, 02:45 AM

Crow: Well she was..as she put is "distracted" by the three (3) kids in her vehicle and she didn't even know what happened until the airbags went off in her little windstar mini-van..the local John Law said that she was doing at least 45 mph when she hit me and there were no skid marks so she pretty much plowed right in in to this child's favourite vehicle...

Now Miss Squarenut Screwhead's Insurance company is saying that since they have an eye witness (three cars back) to this accident that said I BACKED INTO HER and I caused the accident, and so that it was MY fault..Now HPD cited her for following too closely and not paying attention while driving...and I did admit that I did roll backwards into her (After she hit me and destroyed my drive train,,we were on an uphill grade) I caused the accident... So my lawyer is just eating this up..I was laid up for two weeks and all..thank the Powers that Be that I am more or less OK but man..I miss... I MISS my van..

Well so I went out and got me a 1 ton F-350..did some body/fender work on it today and in the AM I am going to put the hurculiner in the bed and then it's off to look at tool boxes and racks for the beast.

I am more or less "recovered" but the sawbones said it is what it is and the impact did some long lasting damage that will probably at best take several years to bounce back from...such is life as they say...

Funny how the whole N. Vietnamese Army, the Iraqi Army and 100's of drug dealers couldn't even scratch me and some idiot driver puts me in hospital....

Man what a ride this has been...

JPH

Tags
blade, knife, sheath