MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 05-01-2006, 08:26 PM
Skilled

Soooo Angry

I'm so angry I could chew a bag of marbles wrapped in aluminum foil! I ordered this really cool Randall from the Cap about thirteen years ago and today was the big day. The friendly mailman paid a visit and left a stupid card in the mailbox saying he was sorry he missed us and the package would have to be picked up in town tomorrow. I can't believe it! I can't believe it! I can't believe it! Here I am thirty miles away working my fingers to the bone and here comes the mailman with my Randall. Was my wife home to receive the package? Ohhh Nooooo! She was out goofing off somewhere working or taking care of the needy or teaching disadvantaged kids or getting groceries or something worthless like that and my new Randall was on my doorstep! Can you believe that crap? I'm fit to be double tied! Now, I'll really be able to keep my mind on what I'm doing at work tomorrow to save the world. NOT! I'll be thinking about that beautiful Randall which is STILL not mine! COme on Tuesday night !!!!!!!!!!!!!

seuss
Old 05-02-2006, 06:08 AM
Steel Addict

LOL...... you are a hoot Allan.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:30 AM
Skilled

Tell the truth...

Seuss,
Why don't you tell the truth for a change and quit exagerrating so much. If you order a Randall today the delivery time is no more than 12 1/2 years!! Geez...the way some hillbillies stretch things!!
Best, Captain Chris Stanaback
P.S. Put up a pic when ya' get it. I was so rushed to get that thing mailed off, so that thar mail dude up thar would stop by at the precisely the wrong time, that I didn't get a chance to open 'er up and check it out! CCS

Old 05-02-2006, 11:05 AM

Hi Seuss!

I really think that you should be taking the day off from work today. Get your priorities straight!

Practice doing the "Allan Dance" outside your home, but only in the front though!

Do a little weeding, check the oil in your vehicles, take a little spin on your tandem with Gail, but only up and down the street, wash those front windows on the outside, (that's probably why you missed seeing the postman); and if your Randall doesn't arrive after all that, take out your lawn chair, and sit down by the front door, knock back a few cool ones (not too many), but keep the portable radio on so as you don't doze off.

By then I'm sure you'll have it in your hands.

Cheers!

Moosehead

Old 05-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Steel Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to Raindog
So here it is, Tuesday evening, and no pictures yet?

gary

- Ronald Reagan
Old 05-02-2006, 08:38 PM
Skilled

OK, I took everyone's advice and guess what. I'm the proud new owner of a genuine Randall Made knife fresh from the shop by way of the windblown bungalow of the good Captain. Oh Geeezzzz, I like this one too! What a surprise! Rainman, I have a temporary problem with taking pictures. Some idiot left my camera turned on for a month last time SOMEBODY downloaded pictures to the computer. Batteries don't like that at all! OK, it wasn't just your common idiot. It was me. Let me try to paint you a word picture until I get to the store for a battery.

As some of you may suspect, I'm a little different in some obscure ways. I may wander about the weed patch (my yard) and whittle a wienie stick, do a little fruit tree pruning, or just make shavings off'n a stick I might take a fancy to. I also might go accidentally catch a fish with my grandson and do some filleting. My Randall of choice for these comforting tasks is none other than the non-catalog Cattleman. Love the sheepfoot blade! All bulls are safe! My previous knife for these purposes is my Hephalump ivory handled Cattleman also from the Captain which I ordered when I was thirteen. Now I have one I won't lose in the grass. Glad Cap didn't open this thing afore he shipped it! Standard Cattleman blade of Carbon steel with thumb notches on top. Nickel silver single hilt, black, luminum, black, luminum and black spacers with a real sexy ORANGE G-10 handle. I absolutely love it and it fits perfectly in the Croc sheath I had Greg G. make for me last year. Now for the problems. I don't have one yet with an antique gold handle to lose in the leaves in the fall, one with a green handle to lose in the Spring grass or a stag handled one to lose in a pile of antlers. MMMMMMMM I'll have to see what I can do about that. Hey Cap, if'n I order another one, could I have it afore I turn 75? You know. Kind of a rush job!

seuss
Old 05-02-2006, 09:15 PM
Skilled

Seuss and "75"

Seuss,
C'mon, dude! Get you another Randall before you turn 75. Nobody, and I mean absolutely "NOBODY" can get a custom Randall made in a week!!! Are you on crack?!?
Best, 'Ol Buddy, and I do mean "ol", Captain Chris Stanaback

Old 05-03-2006, 08:56 AM

Hi Seuss!

I'm glad your Cattleman finally arrived.

Now, did you know that you can buy replacement batteries for your camera?

Come on, we all want to see it!

Cheers!

Moosehead

Old 05-03-2006, 09:48 AM

Seussbro,

I LOVE orange G10 handles on (on anything but a fighter) and can't wait to see your pics. I think I know why you like the cattleman: In your advanced stage of life and limited coordination you aren't able to stab yourself or anyone else by accident!

Best,

Ron
Old 05-03-2006, 11:56 AM

All that excitement, then time passes and .... no pix. People must be wondering if there's something wrong with the knife, like he's embarassed now. (Just kidding, but you left yourself wide open for it!)

Avatar ~ custom crank case cover from 1969 Harley shovelhead chopper

Tags
blade, knife