MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 09-26-2014, 05:46 PM
Skilled

its hard to stick your neck out on the chopping block in this crowd of skillful makers.... especially when trying something new and outside your own comfort zone. I know I feel that way sometimes too. the one I started the KITH with is no longer going to be the one I submit... ill be doing something a little different, and correcting some mistakes. I went in on the chat room... (yes very hard to type 4 conversations at once) got some advice and suggestions from ray.

the knife looked and preformed very well (and last weekend found a happy owner), but im still going to redo some things where I need to improve to guarantee who gets this is getting the best it can be.

stick with it! and learn from every source you can.
remember.. you control the quality of your knives! the number of comments online does not.

plus if you back out that means I wont have the chance to get your knife.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:23 PM
Skilled

Kevin,

I'm sorry to hear of your frustration. I can't say that I agree with what you've said, this forum is a huge wealth of information for me. Everything that is posted is searchable and when I think of an idea or question a process most of the time its been discussed already and I can read what everyone said about it. If I still have questions I'll post or start a new thread and get different perspectives on the subject.

If im just fishing for a comment, ill ask for opinions and critiques.

I've found the format to be easier than tape-a-talk....but that's just me.

Ultimately, ill be making knives with or without this forum. This forum provides a great resource for different ideas, more experience, talant and perspectives, and I love that. I can only hope that my knives will one day compare to others with great talent on this forum.

Ray is a gracious and knowledgeable host of the sunday chats and I for one, enjoy dropping in from time to time.

As this is my first time participating in a KITH ill be disapointed if you do back out. I like your work.

Maybe you should just take a step back and explore some other forums, if you come back great! If not, good luck....it ain't a marriage!

Alex

"We shall walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And watch where the chalk-white arrows go
To the place where the sidewalk ends." Shel Silverstein

Last edited by ATalley; 09-26-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 07:34 PM
Steel Addict

I'm telling myself shut up Wayne so I will.

Tags
advice, art, awesome, back, bee, blade, blades, building, display case, flat, grind in, home, knife, knife making, knifemaker, knifemaking, knives, make, making, man, post, project, tips