MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 08-25-2012, 02:52 AM
Registered

Anyone in Southern California?

I'm new to the forum and new to knife making. I am in Monrovia which is in the San Gabriel Valley of Southern California. Looking for other knife makers that could maybe show me the ropes. I am hooked on knife making and would really like to learn from someone experienced.

My full time job is as a Pelican Products specializing in making custom weapons cases for LE and the military.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help out.

Paul
Old 08-25-2012, 08:44 AM
Founding Member / Moderator

Welcome to the forum, Paul! Lots of knife makers in CA, someone will probably speak up. Meanwhile, check the Visit a Knife Maker in Your Area sticky thread at the top of the forum, maybe someone already did ....

Your question may already have been answered - try the Search button first!

Old 08-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Enthusiast

When you are going to buy belts if you have a grinder. I would go to tru-grit in Ontario, I was suprised to see that they were located over in Ontario so I went in and they are extremely helpful and a nice bunch of guys. Might be a little far from monrovia but I think its worth it to see all the different kind of belts and everything they have. I live over in Hesperia , there is a group I believe its calknives.com, I haven't joined yet but I am soon. They get together everymonth at someone's shop to show of knives and learn new techniques.

God I want a pelican case hah

Anyways good luck!
Alex
Old 08-25-2012, 01:52 PM
Registered

Alex, thank you very much for the info. I am very excited about getting into knife making. It seams that there is a very large market out there. Through my Pelican business I have a ton of customers that would be very interested in custom knives. Now I just need to learn how to do it properly.

I know I can't advertise my Pelican business on here but if you ever need anything Pelican please let me know.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atstrickland View Post
When you are going to buy belts if you have a grinder. I would go to tru-grit in Ontario, I was suprised to see that they were located over in Ontario so I went in and they are extremely helpful and a nice bunch of guys. Might be a little far from monrovia but I think its worth it to see all the different kind of belts and everything they have. I live over in Hesperia , there is a group I believe its calknives.com, I haven't joined yet but I am soon. They get together everymonth at someone's shop to show of knives and learn new techniques.

God I want a pelican case hah

Anyways good luck!
Alex

Tags
custom, custom knives, how to, knife, knife making, knives, making, military