MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum

The Folding Knife (& Switchblade) Forum The materials, techniques and the designing of folding knives.

Old 12-18-2002, 08:44 PM
Registered

Question Does anyone know a knife maker named J. Jacobs

First I would like to thank Texas Knifemakers for telling me about this web site. I recently took a knife to them that I had purchased on Ebay and asked for there help in confirming that the knife was a custom knife make by J. Jacobs. The people that sold me the knife were located in Oregon. They suggested that I ask for help on this form to find out if there is such a person out there. I would appreciate any information. Im not sure but I think the first name may be Jason.
I didn't know there was so much information about knife making out there and hope to try this hobby out.
Thanks
Gary Jenkins
Houston Texas
Old 12-18-2002, 08:52 PM
Hall of Famer

welcome to the forums, gary
does the knife have any maker's mark? can you post a photo?
any information you can give would help. i'll assume that it is a folder since you posted it here, but you may get more traffic if you also ask in the custom knife collecting forum up top.

Old 12-18-2002, 10:46 PM

Hey welcome to our world. You'll like it!!

I did a search on eBAy and there were about 20 knives sold in the last month and some are current by a 'Jason Jacobs' from Oregon. All were fixed blades, though.

I don't see his name listed in the Knifemaker's Guild.

Can't help you further. Sorry.

Coop

?? New website improvement for 2010 - Over 5000 images searchable by maker's name! ??
Old 12-19-2002, 07:01 PM
Registered

J jacobs Knife

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
The knife I bought was a fixed blade.
I am so new at this I guess I got on the wrong board I should have registered on the fixed blade board
This knife is a bowie style knife. It has a logo etched in the knife that looks like a elk with the name "Jacobs custom" .
I got on the internet again and found another knife that they had sold with the same info I got. The guy that made the knife is "Jason A Jacobs". They also claim that there is a lifetime guarantee. I wrote them asking for information but have not received a reply. I plan on keeping the knife and putting some new grips on it. I would like a material that will not slip when wet. Do you have any sugestions
Thanks again.
Gary Jenkins
Houston Texas
Old 12-20-2002, 06:59 AM
Steel Addict

Gary, you might want to check the knives at this link:

http://www.silverstagknives.com/crown.html

if yours looks suspiciously like one of these models, well, draw your own conclusions.....

caveat emptor

Frank Bradley

Last edited by caveman; 12-20-2002 at 07:49 AM.
Old 12-20-2002, 12:16 PM
Registered

Caveman,
I have a picture of a similar knife ( a jpg file) but I can't seem to get it to copy into the message box. How can I post this in my message.
Thanks,
Old 12-20-2002, 05:51 PM
Hall of Famer

there is a tutorial for posting photos here good luck

Old 12-24-2002, 05:21 PM
Enthusiast

Jacob's

well i must Admit that i have meet Him and his name is Jason Jacob's he usually sell's his knive's here at Gun Show's From what i have seen I Question his Warranty !! I Have seen some of his knives sell for 20 - 30 dollar's I Asked him once About his " Making " and was told he Hollow Grind's in 45 Second's !! I Have to "Wonder " about Such Statement's !! One Custom Maker at that show told me that Jacob's Grind's off other Company's Logo's and Slap's a Horn Handle on Calling the Knife His
I DO NOT KNOW if this is Fact or Fiction !! I am not trying to
" bash" this Guy Just Passing along what i Know / have heard about him !!
Old 12-24-2002, 06:42 PM
Steel Addict

here's another one to watch out for....sells kit knives & Pakistani junk, but will swear in emails he grinds all his own.....beware of people who "jewel" their blades, they are trying to hide something......

http://www.blackelkoutdoors.com/pages/441521/index.htm

Frank Bradley

Old 04-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Registered

Clarification

Hello all,
So, I would like to clear some things up. First of all, Jason Jacobs is my father so I have first-hand experience in what I am about to say. Second, Pinoyknife, I would suggest you find out things first hand before putting them on the internet, what you say remains online forever and you can't fix bad publicity. I know for a fact the knives do take 45 seconds to hollow grind and I challenge anyone to disagree with me after they see this first hand. The Silver Stag line of knives was a brand my father started years ago but was taken over by a business partner and run into the ground. Jacob's Custom knives have nothing to do with that and I can verify, again by personally seeing this, that he does in fact hand grind his own knives. If anyone would like to argue with me, feel free to. I will gladly dispute any claims against the company I have spent the better part of my life working for. Slander is not tolerated.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Enthusiast

Josh
wow blast from the past that post is 10 years old .
as i stated in my post then i did not know if fact or fiction what was fairly common knowledge . among knife people both in Portland and online .
i just spent 5 minutes searching and still find lots of info about it .i do not "Slander" anyone , the original poster was seeking info no more no less . Google is your friend if you are completely on the up &up and your worst enemy if you are not . i do not have a dog in this fight never did never will . i do have a good "Friend" that has the same last name and has been confused with your father for years.
lets let this sleeping dog go. there is no good that can come of trying to bring back something that started that long ago .
there are many many threads on many forums about him do you think it in your best interest to try to "Defend" him on all of those forums as well ?? just let it go .
Old 11-21-2012, 09:49 PM
Registered

Smile Hello Josh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnifemakerJosh View Post
Hello all,
So, I would like to clear some things up. First of all, Jason Jacobs is my father so I have first-hand experience in what I am about to say. Second, Pinoyknife, I would suggest you find out things first hand before putting them on the internet, what you say remains online forever and you can't fix bad publicity. I know for a fact the knives do take 45 seconds to hollow grind and I challenge anyone to disagree with me after they see this first hand. The Silver Stag line of knives was a brand my father started years ago but was taken over by a business partner and run into the ground. Jacob's Custom knives have nothing to do with that and I can verify, again by personally seeing this, that he does in fact hand grind his own knives. If anyone would like to argue with me, feel free to. I will gladly dispute any claims against the company I have spent the better part of my life working for. Slander is not tolerated.
I have recently recieved this knife. It is beautiful! The sheath also. it also has some damage to the blade. I was wondering if it would be possible to get more made like it? And is this knife original J. Jacobs work. There is insriciption just below the gaurd. Thanks and if it is your dads work I give thanks to owning it now!

Last edited by ladermader44; 11-21-2012 at 09:51 PM. Reason: How do i post a picture of my knife?
Old 01-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Registered

J Jacobs sells are from Pakistan with his name on them hold looking around you might find out more than you wish about Him .I Have seen him at Gun Shows here in Beaverton and every dealer

Last edited by hytio333; 01-12-2013 at 07:21 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:36 PM

Hello josh where is your dad these days I have lost his phone number can you help me to get his number

Tags
blade, brand, custom, custom knives, fixed blade, hand, hollow grind, hunting knife, knife, knife making, knives, made, post, sheath, stag