MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2005, 10:56 PM
Skilled

Boblade, I had an experience today that was really cool and I think it's because I've been hanging out here too much with you. I went to a knife show for the first time in about two years and of course all of the dealers were asking me if I was still collecting thus and so which I'm not. In fact I'm about to unload a bunch of stuff I've had for years because of the Randall disease. I'm casually walking around looking for Randalls and this one suddenly jumped out of the case and grabbed me by the throat. It was an old number two eight in a heiser sheath which had the pocket cut off as we've seen many times before. I asked how much it was and then pretended to be cool and unaffected by the answer and asked to take a look at it. Big thick pinned stag handle, finger grooves, and carbon steel with a very narrow necked down area in front of the double hilt. I can't remember the name of that part of a knife right now. The thing that really struck me was how wide the blade was. I would guess it was pretty much right between the width of a standard #2-8 from the seventies and the appealing dealer special of Tom Clinton. I'm really afraid that I'm coming down with a different strain of Randallitis! I didn't get it but.................

Seussbrother

Tags
back, bevel, blade, brass, design, forged, forging, grinding, guard, hammer, handle, hone, hunting knife, ivory, knife, knives, material, post, randall, repair, sheath, spacer, tang, vintage