MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Knife Kits Forum

Knife Kits Forum New to the art of knife making? Learn to make awesome knives, using advanced hands-on training inside. From KnifeKits.com.

Old 01-02-2002, 06:34 PM
frsty50

Great looking knives.

Hi,
Just wanted to check in as a new member and to say I think the 605 is a beautiful knife. The fact that it is a kit just blows me away. I can't wait to get one.
I own mostly Benchmade knives, and I am somewhat interested in customizing them, or building a knive from scratch.
I think I'll be starting here with a 605 in each size with the carbon fiber scales, as soon as they are available. They just look so nice, and I love carbon fiber.
I can't wait to see what new designs are coming up. I have already signed up for the newsletter.
Do most people keep the bead blast finish? Or is there some other way to finish off the blade and bolsters?
One small suggestion, do you plan on offering the bolsters in damascus? That would look excellent with the carbon fiber scales.
I hope we'll be seeing pics of everyones knives when they are done.

Johnny B.
Old 01-03-2002, 06:06 AM
CKDadmin

Johnny,

Welcome to the CKD ... good to have you with us!

You can run with the matte finish, or take it down to a polished state. In fact, I believe that their will also be some additional coatings and other options that will be available soon, but I'd better let Darrel answer that as to the methods being brought out.

We plan to have the bolsters in damascus shortly, and the blade is already available in a damascus upgrade. In fact, there's going to be a ton of new options added to each series. We've worked out a deal for some additional handle scale choices that will be available soon. However, the carbon fiber is my favorite, so far.

I'd say that by the time some of these guys put their own magic on the kits, we'll be seeing some really interesting pieces coming forth ... I can't wait!

Alex
Old 01-05-2002, 08:27 PM
lottforgenbladeworks

i did one

by taking the bolsters to the belt grinder and making
vertical running groves up and down the bolster..like woodgrain..then used chemical to black it and polished
it off..leaving the grooves black..then added curly tiger
stripe maple grips...and put a dropped clip point on the
blade..and shortened the rear liner length to fit by grinding down on the surface grinder..then polished
it up..verry northwoodsy indian looking folder..its now
my favorite one..
Old 01-05-2002, 09:41 PM
Darrel Ralph

Re: i did one

We would love to see the pic. There is a thread running for your pics on this forum! Post it!

Tags
blade, knife, knives