MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Knife Kits Forum

Knife Kits Forum New to the art of knife making? Learn to make awesome knives, using advanced hands-on training inside. From KnifeKits.com.

Old 03-16-2002, 08:01 PM
Osprey Guy

First Kit, First Time @ Forum

Hi Guys-
1st just a note: I was concerned, about logging in until I figured out that I don't have to allow all the cookies to be turned on. Glad I 'm on board now!
Received my first kit yesterday, the DDR-II. I did a quick "dry run" and put it together with the rough scales in place. Wow! This is a great looking little knife, action's real smooth too. Can't wait to get started on the handle.
I've got a pretty good knife collection going already, but I can see that these kits are going to mean more to me than anything else in my colection. (Except of course, my Darrel Ralph "Osprey" from Delta Z...have yet to show it to anybody who didn't flip!)
I'll post my finished knife when I'm done.
The Osprey Guy
Old 03-16-2002, 08:45 PM
CKDadmin

Dude, you're right about one thing ... I've got one of those red handled carbon coated Osprey's and everyone flips out when they see it.

Welcome to the CKD and let's see your finished kit images when you're done!

Alex
Old 03-16-2002, 09:07 PM
SIGGI

Osprey Guy,

Welcome to a serious addiction!!!!

Have a great time with the kit!

Bob Sigmon
Old 03-16-2002, 09:41 PM
Coop747

I carried my DDR-2 with me tonight. It locks up so tightly and makes the greatest 'CLACK' for it's small size! Some knives I love because they are so quiet and precise, and some because they are so LOUD and precise!!!

Osprey, welcome aboard and we look forward to your finished piece.

Coop
Old 03-17-2002, 08:53 AM
Darrel Ralph

Hey guys
Thanks for the kind words about the Osprey!
They had the new blue ti bolster damascus blade version at the shot show... OUUUUU AHHHHH!
It was sweet!

Coop The knives your built are COOP and DDR knife now.
You really add the ouuuuuuuuuu to the knives.
Old 03-17-2002, 09:43 AM
Big DB

Welcome to the forums Osprey. You'll find this a great place to learn. Shoot, when a guy like Darrel or Ed Caffery, Bob Warner and on and on answer your questions, you've got one tremendous learning tool at your fingertips. Send a long bit of time going through old threads, wealth of info here and I've learned to not be afraid to ask any questions at all, you will get an answer. Good luck with the mini (my favorite thus far), and make sure to let us see it when you are done.
Welcome
Dan

Tags
blade, knife, knives