MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Knife Kits Forum

Knife Kits Forum New to the art of knife making? Learn to make awesome knives, using advanced hands-on training inside. From KnifeKits.com.

Old 03-17-2002, 01:49 AM
CKDadmin

The GX6 "Folding Dagger" (images)

Here's the next new model, the GX6, "Gentleman's Folding Dagger".

This design is our concept of what the perfect folding dagger / personal protection kit should be. I say that because it's size is excellent for your hand, and stealth-ness, the blade grind is complex with the thumber designed in, and because the canvas (overall areas) are so versatile from a modification standpoint, that it'll give you a piece that you can fashion to the nth-degree to bring out totally different personalities on every one you build. The raw material is there, the sculpture is yours to create. However, either way you go, this "bad boy" is a weapon, make no mistake!

Great design, Darrel! :

Let us know what you think about the new GX6 ... hope you enjoy!

Alex

Old 03-17-2002, 01:56 AM
CKDadmin

Re: The GX6 ((( Details and Ordering )))

The GX6 is a brand new Locking Liner Gent's Dagger, designed for the hobbyist that likes a sleek, more stylized design. This new kit will be made of the same high quality components as our other knifekits.com designer series exclusives, but will offer the maker the wider choice of modifications. It is designed to look good as a "high-tech" piece, with standard micarta, G-10 or carbon fiber scales, or as a "high-finish" model with materials, such as pearl, exotic woods and with embellishments on the liners and bolsters. This folder kit is a premium kit product. All parts and fittings are precision machined. The liners on this kit are stainless steel and heat treated. The ball detent is in place, lock is pre-bent and the entire assembly has been personally inspected before shipping. The blade steel is AUS-8 and has been cryogenically treated to 56-58 rc. Satin bead blast finish only.

Note: Completed kits with handle scales shown above are optional. All other parts shown are included in the basic kit.

General Kit Specifications
Skill Rating: Level II-IV
Mechanism Type : Liner Lock
Blade Steel: AUS-8 (Cryo-Treated)
Blade Finish: Bead Blasted
Blade Length: 2.75 Inches
Closed Length: 3.625 Inches
Overall Length: 6.25 Inches
Liners: Stainless Steel

Base Price: $39.95
Quantity Discounts Available

**** Important: (Pre-Reserve GX6 Kits Now) ****
GX6 Kits will not be delivered until June 2002. Prices below will be in effect, but pre-reservations are all that are being accepted on this item currently. In order to insure delivery and availability, please use the form below to reserve your needed GX6 quantities. We will suspend ordering on this item as soon as the initial production run is sold out. Follow up delivery on additional stock for this item will resume approximately September 2002.

Reservation Form Here:
www.knifekits.com/store/s...6-main.htm

Interested Dealers write <a href="mailto:sales@knifekits.com...fekits.com</a>

Old 03-17-2002, 01:27 PM
nybble

re: folding dagger

That is one sweet kit! Sent my reservation in for both models. Thanks a lot, can't wait till it hits the streets.
Old 03-17-2002, 03:09 PM
jar

Re: re: folding dagger

Can we mix the two to get quantity, ie: 2 gx and 3 of the other?
Old 03-17-2002, 03:31 PM
Coop747

Re:Folding Dagger!

I can see it now--tens and hundreds of DIFFERENT daggers, all from the same base product. There isn't one collector out there who won't want to participate in the process sometime.

I wish you well here. This is going to be a fun year!

Coop
Old 03-17-2002, 04:59 PM
Big DB

I agree with jar, it would be nice to order 3 or 4 of each and get the quantity discount.
Dan
Old 03-17-2002, 07:19 PM
Kelly

Another excellent design! and, another order enroute.
Old 03-17-2002, 08:22 PM
CKDadmin

Men ...

What's 5 units at 31.95/ea? ... It's a drop!
Load up now, you're getting a hell of a deal. This is my gift to you ... June will be here sooner than you think!

BTW: When they run out, I'll have to stop it earlier. We have to allow some for our site visitors, they count too!

Alex

Old 03-17-2002, 08:22 PM
SIGGI

Yea, What Kelly Said!

Bob Sigmon

Tags
blade, knife, knives