MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Knife Kits Forum

Knife Kits Forum New to the art of knife making? Learn to make awesome knives, using advanced hands-on training inside. From KnifeKits.com.

Old 03-24-2002, 05:02 PM
harley jeff

Handle screws

I just got my first DDR II kit in and I have a question about the screws for the scales. The kit came with four very short screws that are shown in the diagram to be for the handles. Are there any longer screws available ( 1x72 listed on the knifekits.com)?

How long are the 1x72 screws on the knifekits.com website?

Thanks
Old 03-24-2002, 05:40 PM
Coop747

Unfortunately, the screws listed on the site are a different size, (Although it wouldn't surprise me too much if they would work anyway), because the screws supplied in the kits are metric. This was what Darrel told me when I asked him the same thing.

My advice (for the next or first time) is to BUY THE SPARE SCREW KIT!!! Those buggers will always be in demand. It's far worth the extra $ to avoid frustration.

Coop
Old 03-24-2002, 07:26 PM
fuzzy61

the screws they sell at knifekit.com are .5 you have to cut them down your self.
Old 03-24-2002, 08:24 PM
harley jeff

re: handle screws

I am actually looking for longer screws so that I can cut them to length. To me, it seems easier to trim the extra lenght from the back side rather that taking the chance on countersinkin gto deep trying to get the shorter screws to work.
Old 03-26-2002, 04:01 PM
Rade L Hawkins

Re: re: handle screws

Guys I carry 1-72 screws in a 6 spline head in flat head button head and socket head. they are $20.00 per 100 and I have then in 5/16" length. These will do good for the handles but the heads are a little larger than the ones Darrel offers for the spacers.

I stock 0-80
1-72
2-56
5-40
6-40
these are all s/s and have 6-spline drives(close to torque plus)
cost is $20.00/100 fot #0 #1 #2
$24.00/100 for # 5 $27.00 for # 6
---e-mail radeh@bellsouth.net