MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Knife Kits Forum

Knife Kits Forum New to the art of knife making? Learn to make awesome knives, using advanced hands-on training inside. From KnifeKits.com.

Old 03-27-2002, 10:52 PM
Osprey Guy

Carbon Fiber DDR-II, My 2nd knife

If you're looking for a photo and don't see one, that's because
I'm still having trouble posting. I've sent a copy to Coop who was kind enough to help me out once before with my first knife and posted it for me. Hopefully, he'll get a chance to get this one up in the next day or so.

After the lessons I learned with my first knife (the yellow one with the inlay), I spent a lot more time on the basics and a whole lot of time with sandpaper: 400, 600, 1,000, 1500, 2000 grits. Then polishing creme with tools on the Dremel, then more 1,000-2,000 getting out the small "burrs", than more polish. I also was able to "save" the bead blast on the bolster this time. I had to go real slow and careful while doing the cut-out for the thumb. I took it down to the local knife store this evening, (Cheaspeake Knife-they've got something like 18 stores in the Baltimore/Washington area!) and the guys really flipped over this one! The asst. manager is buying a kit for himself this weekend! He's hooked now.

I'm already thinking of ideas for my next kit. I'll have it in a couple of days.

Dennis

PS. Hey Coop, thanking you in advance...

Old 03-28-2002, 05:59 AM
Coop747

OK, Dennis, I've had about enough!!! Your learning curve is too steep for me!

Not only did you do an outstanding job on this knife, and it shows it, you are now breeching your 'newbie' status with a pic well-deserving of our photo contest! Hrrrmmph. (: ) (Let me or Alex know, and we'll send it in...)

It's so cool to see how the guys hunker down and REALLY get serious about these things. It's almost..... ADDICTING!!

Coop

Old 03-28-2002, 10:06 PM
jar

Dennis
Looks really great. Way to go.
Old 03-29-2002, 01:15 AM
Morgan Meader

Wow!!! I'd be really proud to pull that out of my pocket. Way to go Osprey!

Morgan

Tags
knife