MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > The Newbies Arena

The Newbies Arena Are you new to knife making? Here is all the help you will need.

Old 03-08-2017, 12:26 AM

Any knife forgers in Central Southern Oklahoma/Central Northern Texas I-35 corridor?

I am interested in finding a blade forger in my area that I may visit and maybe even apprentice under for a short time. I have became interested in becoming a blade forger and would like to "get my feet wet" before I invest too much money on something that I may not enjoy as much as I thought I would. I work Saturday through Monday so that makes it even harder for me to find others that do this as a hobby. I have watched many hours of video on blacksmithing and believe that I would enjoy that process more than cut and grind (no offense intended). I use blade forger because I am interested in all sorts of blades knives, axes, swords.
Old 03-08-2017, 02:46 AM
Guru

Welcome and Good luck. I used to live in OKC, but moved to NC now. Check and see if OK has a knifemakers guild like Texas does.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:14 AM
Guru

As jim said WELCOME to the foum! sorry cant help you with anything local I am in NY....did you check the post at the top if the list labeled find a maker in your area...if not the link is below........if nothing there check and do a search for knife makers guild as jim said that may be a good point to start, Or even do a search of knife makers from OK even if they are not willing to teach you to forge they may know someone that will. check out the link below first tho
http://www.knifenetwork.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=50335
Old 03-09-2017, 04:54 AM

Thanks for the tips.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:53 AM
Steel Addict

Check theknifegroup.com for makers in your area.
This is our knifemakers association in Oklahoma.

Harry and Calvin Harkins(brothers) are in Madill and forge their knives. They are good people.

Tags
art, blacksmithing, blade, forge, hobby, knife, knives, makers, post, show, teach, tips