MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > The Supply Center

The Supply Center What's Hot ... and where the deals are! Supplies are our specialty ...

Old 05-12-2004, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Taking a look at Jantz supply....

Yesterday I received an order fo nickel silver barstock from Jantz. I had not ordered from them in years, and was pretty impressed with what I got. I realized last week that I need guard stock and was about to order from my usual source when I decided to compare prices. My usual source for 3/8 X 3/4 X 12" barstock sells it for $22 per bar. When I looked at Jantz it was listed at $14.30 per bar........quite a savings! The $22 stock is also a poorer quality alloy that has been sheared from plate, where as Jantz actually sent me nice clean rolled barstock like I used to see. After browsing the catalog they sent, I noticed that many of the items I routinely purchase where in there, some at a considerable savings. About the the only thing I saw that I didn't like where their grinding belts, but I purchase those from Tru-Grit anyway. So if you've not checked out Jantz lately, take a look, you might be able to save yourself some $$.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."
Old 05-12-2004, 09:30 AM
Guru

Ed, Ive used them a few times lately and have been very pleased with the pricing and the product received. I would recomend them too !

Shane
Old 05-12-2004, 09:55 AM
Living Legend

I've been buying from them for years.

Quite often I go to their store since it is on the way to my sister's house in Oklahoma City. I have spend hours fumbling through the stuff they put in their scrap bins. Things like handle material where they do not have two slabs that match.

They have a good supply of items and they are very friendly to deal with. I have tried to buy something and had them offer me a better deal. One time I was going to get a piece of 440C and they told me they had a sale on a larger piece and could get the larger piece for 50 cents cheaper than the smaller piece. I like people that are willing to do that, it sure brings the customers back.

Tumbling down the road at 35 MPH is no fun, TRUST ME!
Old 05-12-2004, 10:48 AM
Master

im also happy with jantz after years of ordering from them. good prices, good service, good products.