MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Display Case

The Display Case A place to post your latest knives and creations. Let the Knife Network community see your work first!

Old 12-03-2001, 07:59 AM
JHossom

Battle Gear

From the beginning, starting on 9/11, my Retribution line of Combat Knives was designed to go to war. Three of the four have been designed since then and the largest was not completed until after 9/11. Aimed at equipping troops, this group of knives was also therapy for some of the anger and frustration I've felt since that terrible day.

From Top to Bottom:

Retribution: Evolving from my Hunter-Killer, but without the bolstered guard, this blade is 7", meeting carry length restrictions of some units. The extended swedge, with or without the serration's was ground with a 2" contact wheel and is fully sharpened. The small contact wheel allows the narrow edge to be fully developed within a very narrow space. The primary edge was ground with a 5" wheel, to allow removal of as much weight as possible, while maintaining a thick central spine all the way to the point. Handle is Black Linen Macarta with mosaic pins and thong hole. The knife is 12-3/4" OAL, and weighs 12 oz.

Massive Retribution: 12" blade, 18-1/2" OAL, and weighs 15 oz. Again the full length swedge, serration's optional, was ground with a 2" wheel and is fully sharpened. The primary edge was ground with an 8" wheel, also removing a lot of weight, while maintaining a heavy spine for strength. Same handle as Retribution.

Revenge: Tanto-edged version of Retribution, also with a 7" blade and same handle. Same specs.

Reprisal: 3-1/4" combat utility knife to accompany the above. This knife is designed to ride in any convenient location, especially a boot carry, and weighs just 3 oz. All edges are sharp, giving it a multi-role capability.

Now, we are ready...
Old 12-03-2001, 11:18 AM
JerryO13

Me Likes! Hey Jerry are those full tang knives? if so I would like to see some metal sticking out past the birds beak pommel.
Old 12-03-2001, 12:37 PM
JHossom

Jerry, they are full tang knives, and certainly it would be possible to enhance the skull crusher. What is already there is something you wouldn't like cracking your noggin though. To make an extended skull crusher, and maintain the present balance would be difficult but doable I think. I'd just need to drill a WHOLE LOT of holes.

I should have mentioned that these were all done with 3/16" 154CM. Magic by Bos...
Old 12-03-2001, 02:30 PM
TheHarleyman

Wickedly Fearsome!
I had some inner city folks comment on the machette that I use to chop ice away from ATM Kiosk doors. They fear that more than my sidearm that I carry. These buggers should be normal Militay issue to our forces, that will make the bad guys tremble. IMHO, D
Old 12-03-2001, 03:44 PM
Coop747

Jerry,

Those are the slickest, meanest, BADDEST, offensive knives I have ever seen. I did say offensive. No one would even try starting up a fight with THOSE blades!

Seriously, I think you have mastered some of the best lines, curves and angles in this set of knives. Nice work! (I've said it before and I'll say it again--that TANTO is awesome!!)

Coop
Old 12-03-2001, 10:23 PM
NickWheeler

Beautiful and Wicked Jerry!!!! Wow!

Nick
Old 12-03-2001, 11:47 PM
Mondt

Awesome work Jerry! Would not want to look upon the receiving end of any one of those!
Old 12-04-2001, 01:07 PM
JerryO13

Jerry, meant to ask before. What do they cost?
Old 12-04-2001, 02:02 PM
JHossom

Thanks guys. I sincerely appreciate the positive feedback.

The price is a little up in the air at the moment. Subject to change...

In 154CM:

Retribution - $300
Massive Retribution - $450
Revenge - $325
Reprisal - $250

Price includes Concealex sheath wth Tek Lock attachment. Standard handle is Linen or Canvas Micarta, others are optional. Serration's are also optional on all models - $35.

CPM-3V or S30V will add $100 (Reprisal, add $50).
Old 12-16-2001, 06:51 PM
JHossom

One more. This one is called Requiem. 7" single edged blade with what I call my Yuppie Camo.

Old 12-22-2001, 04:05 PM
ShaneBru

Re: Requiem

The Requiem is very cool!
Shane B

Tags
blade, knife, knives