MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Tool Time

Tool Time Let's talk shop. Equipment, Tips & Tricks, Safety issues - Post it here.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Skilled

Budget HT oven

Has anyone seen or purchased the new HT oven usaknifemaker.com is carrying? Its made by paragon but with a lower price than there normal models because of minimal electronics in it. To me an 14" deep HT oven for $660 bucks seems worth some serious consideration.

Last edited by jdale; 12-05-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:06 AM
Skilled

I've seen them on the website, Seems like a good idea. however, I'm holding out to invest in the paragon 18" model. its a piece of equipment I'm only going to buy once. Until then, I am lucky enough to have a friend who lets me use his 14" oven for the few knives I've made thus far.

I need to sell more holsters to feed the knife making habit! ($1200+shipping and handling is a lot of kydex holsters...)

"We shall walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And watch where the chalk-white arrows go
To the place where the sidewalk ends." Shel Silverstein
Old 08-11-2013, 08:18 PM
Steel Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATalley View Post
I've seen them on the website, Seems like a good idea. however, I'm holding out to invest in the paragon 18" model. its a piece of equipment I'm only going to buy once. Until then, I am lucky enough to have a friend who lets me use his 14" oven for the few knives I've made thus far.

I need to sell more holsters to feed the knife making habit! ($1200+shipping and handling is a lot of kydex holsters...)
Same here I'm holding out until Oct for 24 paragon I'm not happy parting with the cash but, I cant see shipping blades and paying HT over and over plus the down time. Im surprised more people don't buy them. I hope I making the right choice bc I change hobbies like I change my underware so my wife says.

Tags
blades, holsters, knife, knife making, knives, kydex, made, making