MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > The Supply Center

The Supply Center What's Hot ... and where the deals are! Supplies are our specialty ...

Old 09-18-2003, 11:55 AM
Registered

Trout and Bird Knife

I am looking for blades with a profile similar to Grohman's "trout and bird" knives. Sort of an elliptical hollow ground blade about 4" long. I can regrind the profile to some degree, but I have a request for at least 32 of these and don't want to grind from stock. I am an amateur and with my day job, I'd be working on this for the next 6 months. Grohman wants $40+ for the blades. I have another source that can supply them for $27 each. But, again, that seems pricey. Any ideas?
Old 09-18-2003, 03:31 PM

What steel are you looking for? Could you supply a picture or a scan or what you want?Do you just want them profiled or do you want them fully ground? Do yu want them heat treated or annealed? Do you need specific hole location for handle attachment? A whole bunch of questions.
Steve

Old 09-18-2003, 03:53 PM
Hall of Famer

Send a message via Yahoo to hammerdownnow
I assume you have been to Koval digging thru their blanks. Try asking Mick. Maybe he can help you out with a bulk rate, or give you a line on where to look. Good luck and keep us posted on your quest.

Old 09-19-2003, 11:39 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by hammerdownnow
I assume you have been to Koval digging thru their blanks. Try asking Mick. Maybe he can help you out with a bulk rate, or give you a line on where to look. Good luck and keep us posted on your quest.
I live less than a mile away from Koval. Went digging yesterday. No luck. I will talk to Mick and see if he can come up with a source.
Old 09-19-2003, 11:40 AM
Registered

I'd insert a picture of the knife if I knew how. I need it ground, in stainless. I can shape the handle profile and polish but grinding the edge is difficult and way too time consuming for a newbie like me. Here are the stats: Blade approx. 3 7/8" x 3/4", of 3/32" stock, total length 8" . I don't need the thong hole, so I would make that another pin hole. Intend to use mosaic pins--probably 5/32" or larger. I made several of these from a kit Grohmann sells. I now have orders for at least 4 and probably more 8 knife steak knife sets, based on this pattern.

Steve, I did send a picture directly to you.

Tags
blade, knife, knives