MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Outpost

The Outpost This forum is dedicated to all who share a love for, and a desire to make good knives, and have fun doing it. We represent a diverse group of smiths and knifemakers who bring numerous methods to their craft.

Old 09-06-2005, 11:43 PM
Super Moderator

Still waiting on delivery. Must have shipped through New Orleans.

Some pretty nice work posted! I really like the way they are all different. Everyone put their own spin on the design. That's what a KITH is all about!! The other thing is that - despite some pretty heavy whining and sandbagging at the beginning - they've all turned out to be really cool! Also a couple of display stands that showed some initiative.

Old 09-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by prizzim
By the way, got my heads in the mail today. Thank you thank you thank you Mark!
You're very, very, very, welcome. I didn't like the polish on the small one very much, feel free to improve on it if you wish.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

Had a rotten day at work and ended up working late. (Don't ya hate that!) But waiting for me was my package from Cricket! I'll post some pictures soon. Great looking damascus arrowhead and a leaf thing. (Not sure what to call it, but it was very nice!)

Anyway, great job, Jim! I am definately pleased with your KITH! In fact, I think I made out really well on this deal!

Old 09-09-2005, 08:29 AM
Steel Addict

Talking

Glad you liked it ,the leaf is something that I saw Wes Byrd do at Batson's hammer-in at Tannehill, He calls it his "momma's in trouble medallion" it's just an ornamental Leaf for your keyring, but it can also work just like a push dagger if the need should arrive!!......Remember....Hit it while it's HOT!!! ......sorry about the rotten day
Old 09-09-2005, 12:16 PM
Steel Addict

Talking

Recieved my arrowheads in the mail, they look better in person, than in the photo. I love it!!! I sent mr. prizzim an E-mail thanking him. Great job!! Let's do this again soon...

Old 09-23-2005, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

I've really been busy lately and haven't had a chance to post a pick of the terrific stuff Cricket sent me. With the storm approaching - the not-so-lovely-Rita - I had some time to kill and the weird morning light from the approaching storm gave me some decent light for photography. Thanks again, Cricket!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sssDSC00713.jpg (50.5 KB, 77 views)

Old 09-23-2005, 11:12 PM
Guru

Cool arrowheads!

I was thinking about going out and firing up the forge. It'll be about 4-5am before it hits us. Nothing like forging in 50 mph winds! I guess it's much better than the 90-100 they're getting down along the coast right now!

Niothing like a hurricane to get you to clean up a yard. i went out and picked up all the shrapnel-like objects and various toys, trucks, cars, bouncers, etc. Except for the chickens, you wouldn't recognize the place!

Old 09-24-2005, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

Isn't there an old joke about the wind blowing so hard that the chicken laid the same egg 3 times?

Lots of debris in the yard post-Rita. Lost one board in the fence. Pretty lucky, all things considered. It's nice and cool out - would actually be a great day for forging!

Yeah, the arrowheads were pretty cool! Cricket even sent 2 cases. When I opened them up, there was a paper towel in each. I saw the largest arrowhead in one and the leaf-thingy in the other and was really pleased! It wasn't until 2 days later that I opened the paper towels and found the other 2 damascus arrowheads! Cricket really over-did (and I'm NOT complaining!!) Turns out he lives reasonably close to one of my sisters, so I may get a chance to drop in one day.

Old 10-10-2005, 09:33 PM
Skilled

Austin, thanks for the arrowhead,found it in a 2 week old stack of mail. i've been away and finally got to read the mail. next time though,post a warning that it's as sharpe as a scandi. i almost sliced my fingers opening the package.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:39 AM
Guru

...WARNING letter opener included in envelope, shake to open!

Tags
blade, forge, forging, knife, knives