MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Display Case

The Display Case A place to post your latest knives and creations. Let the Knife Network community see your work first!

Old 12-06-2005, 04:34 PM
Enthusiast

Rodrigo Sfreddo - Camp Knife

I would normally wait to photograph an incoming piece before sharing it with you guys, but this one would not wait until I get time after Christmas.

I met Rodrigo at Blade earlier this year, together with Luciano and Ricardo they had an extremely impressive table of blades. After some discussion, and an exchange of one or two e-mails upon my return Rodrigo agreed to try and bring one of my designs to life so to speak .... and with the wonders of modern technology I sent him the following outline:

Now understandably not every knifemaker is willing to take on such a specific request, it can be constraining and sometimes may not hit the right button for them. I was delighted when Rodrigos response was "Yes". I always give the makers latitude and artistic ####### on everything but the key design points, and with that said Rodrigo was away.

Waiting for the birth of a new knife is always a time of anticipation, expectation and nerves, this is true no matter how much input you have into the piece. However when a maker goes a head with a specific design I am always left with those nagging doubts ... " have I made ths clear, ..... what if that doesn't work. have I given enough latitude .." etc. etc.

Well in this case any concerns I may have had simply disappeared as the following images started to arrive ....

BLADE:

Rodrigos interpretation is superb, he's captured the profile wonderfully, giving the point more of a taper, extending the choil slightly to accommodate choking up and if anything made it look more elegant. He's even given me my hamon

HANDLE:

Look at the profile and coin edge spacers ... this is why hes making and I'm doodling The Ironwood is just stunning.

FULL KNIFE:

The whole is greater than the sum of the parts as they say .... Rodrigos interpretation and execution is to my mind superb, I am delighted with the whole experience of working with Rodrigo and cannot praise him enough.

I will take delivery in the coming week, I will update the specs then, and one day take a photograph that goes some way to matching the calibre of the knife (Not that Rodrigos pictures aren't good :thumbup: )

Cheers,

Stephen
Old 12-06-2005, 05:15 PM
Skilled

Stephen
Awesome knife that is beautifull Rodrigo did a supurb representation of your drawings.

Regards Bob
Old 12-06-2005, 05:39 PM
Living Legend

Send a message via ICQ to BrB Send a message via MSN to BrB
Congratulations!

You have a wonderfull knife going your way, and I could say that, in fact, it?s a great home it is going to.

-------------------------------------------
Pesquise posts antigos antes de perguntar:
Use CKD Search
? mais r?pido e f?cil!
Old 12-06-2005, 06:59 PM

That's simply stunning! Very clean work. Awesome interpretation.

www.kansasknives.org

"Drawing your knife from its sheath and using it in the presence of others should be an event complete with oos, ahhs, and questions."
Old 12-07-2005, 12:57 PM
Steel Addict

Very Nice knife! You did an excellent job in designing something that fits Rodrigos style very well.

I own a few Sfreddo knives and must say that he is one of the best bladesmiths in the world as far as I am concerned. His work is truly perfection, and his skills at the forge are extremely evolved. One of his knives that I use regularly for all sorts of tasks is in 52100, and only has to be sharpened about 2-times a year! Now that is super tough!

Congratulation on this project

Sincerely, Don Carlos
Old 12-07-2005, 01:37 PM

Stephen,
That is very cool!

Avatar ~ custom crank case cover from 1969 Harley shovelhead chopper
Old 12-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Hall of Famer

exceptionally well done, as we've learned to expect from Sfreddo. Your design is very well executed Stephen, congrats!

Hensarling Custom Knives

Old 12-09-2005, 10:59 AM
Skilled

Hello Stephen,thank's for posting it here! I very glad you're so happy with that. I also would like to thank's all the kind comments about my work,you have always been good with me,thank you guys!
All the best,

Rodrigo Sfreddo

Tags
blade, forge, knife, knives