MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Business of Knife Making

The Business of Knife Making A forum dedicated to all aspects of running, managing and legal operational issues relating to the custom knife making and custom knife selling industry.

Old 07-13-2003, 11:32 PM
Steel Addict

Using a web page,sales?

I was wondering what all is involved in setting up a web page to advertise your product?

Besides a tax # .?
Thanks,
any info is appreciated.
Mike
Old 07-14-2003, 07:15 AM

Location: Portal, GA - If you know where it is, you probably got a speeding ticket.
Send a message via AIM to Jamey Saunders Send a message via MSN to Jamey Saunders Send a message via Yahoo to Jamey Saunders
I can't see any reason why you need a tax number to set up a website. You may need one for other aspects of your business, but I can't think of a reason why you'd need one for this. I may be forgetting something, though.

As far as setting up the site, there are several ways to go: You can learn about servers and HTML and host the site from your home computer (if you have always-on broadband); You can buy space on a virtual server and code the page yourself; You can by space on a virtual server and hire someone to code the page for you.

Each of those options gets easier for you, but more expensive. If you want to learn HTML to code the page yourself, there's a great tutorial at http://www.davesite.com/webstation/html/

If you want someone to code it for you, there are several of us on the forums who offer web design services, including our benefactor, Alex at Atlanta Virtual.

In the end, its a balancing act between what you want to take the time to learn and what you want to spend with someone who has already learned it.

Im not sure if I have welcomed you to the forums, but if I haven't, WELCOME!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same of them." --John Wayne, in The Shootist

Tags
forge