MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Business of Knife Making

The Business of Knife Making A forum dedicated to all aspects of running, managing and legal operational issues relating to the custom knife making and custom knife selling industry.

Old 01-18-2005, 04:42 AM
Steel Addict

Info About Jack Walden?

Does anyone know anything about a maker named Jack Walden? I recently saw a beautiful little dagger he'd made and would like to find out more about him, whether he's still working, etc. I understand he's been written up in one of the knife publications at one time but don't find any info on him in my cursory searches. I also posted this in the general custom knife forum. Thanks for any help.

What's another word for synonym?
Old 01-19-2005, 05:33 PM
Enthusiast

Dave,

Do you know if it's the Jack Walden from Del City, OK? He was a knifemaker but was selling etching machines and stencils when I knew him. I lost track of him about 5 years ago.

Al P.
Old 01-19-2005, 06:23 PM
Steel Addict

Hi Al, I didn't have my camera with me to get a picture but his logo did say Oklahoma - I just didn't catch the city. What a fine knife he made!

Old 01-20-2005, 09:33 PM
Michael E. Mill

The Jack Waldren

I believe you are right on him being from Del City. I bought stencils from him for several years and in 2002 he told that he had sold his business to someone else. He did make knives in the late 1990's George Englebretson showed me a slip joint pocketknife Jack had made. George said they used to friendly argue whether to put a cut out on the blade where the sharpening point started. it was a very nice knife. If I can get with George I will see what Jack is doing.g
Old 01-20-2005, 10:59 PM
Steel Addict

Well, we're getting closer! Given his name and city it might work to just look him up. Michael please let us know if your turn anything up. Thanks for the feedback,

Old 01-21-2005, 08:49 AM
Michael E. Mill

Jack Walden

Dave, I visited with George and told me Jack was still in Del City. I called Jack and visited with him. He is no longer making knives but does have a small home business. He would be glad to visit with you and still enjoys the knives. He can be reached at 405-672-4053. He said he made several of the small daggers in his days.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:56 PM
Steel Addict

Wow! Michael, you are my hero. Thanks for following up, and thanks for breaking the ice for me. I'll give him a call, and now I'm probably going to buy that knife too. I can't get that beauty out of my mind, which tells me something.

Thanks again!

Tags
blade, knife, knives, pocketknife