MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Photography Discussion

Knife Photography Discussion Share and improve your techniques on knife photography. Web and print imaging discussions welcome. Come on in ...

Old 02-25-2001, 12:51 PM
smkorn69

Take advantage of a knowledgeable PHOTOGRAPHER!!!

If you have been following the posts of Terrill Hoffman you should realize that he can improve your photography in any dimension: 35mm, medium format, digital, and view. Check him out!!! He's helping me a great deal.
Steve
Old 02-25-2001, 01:24 PM
MIKE KOLLER

You going to stay around too,aren't you?You have been a great help to me and I know you have helped the others too!
Old 02-25-2001, 02:19 PM
Terrill Hoffman

Thanks for the comment Steve. I've enjoyed having two photographers around. Now these knife makers can't gang up on us.

Old 02-25-2001, 07:01 PM
smkorn69

Mike, I am not going anywhere, thanks for your concern.
Old 02-25-2001, 07:06 PM
smkorn69

Terrill, I am delighted that I have you to help me when it's really the other way around. By the way I think I've adopted your idea on the 4800 because there's a niche for all these different tools. Thank you
Steve
Old 02-25-2001, 10:41 PM
MIKE KOLLER

Hey , one can build a kinship in here if one is not careful. You have done alot to help me and I know with Terrill you will be able to help even more of us . I know that before I found this forum I felt that I was going to have to learn all this knifemaking stuff through just plain trial and error . When I discovered that there was a photographer here too I thought HOT !@#$, added bonus ,and YES there is a GOD!My Thanks to all!!!!!!!!!!

MIKE KOLLER
Old 02-26-2001, 07:58 AM
Terrill Hoffman

Steve, wait a week on the Kodak. It's down to $599 but I hear rumors of another $100 rebate. That means it will be a great buy and that a new model is in the works. Now that there are two of us around, do you think we should double or charges to the knife makers? Be careful with your answer, I hear they carry sharp objects.
Old 02-26-2001, 12:36 PM
JerryO13

Terrill,

I appreciate the input on the digital, Kodak 4800 may be the way to go, the Canon "Elph" s20 I was looking at is priced at around $900, the s10 at $475 (elph model s20 = 3.3 megapixels, elph model s10=2.1 megapixels). The reason I was looking at the elph is it's physical size. the kodak 4800 is regular camera size 4.5"x3.5"x1.5" the elphs are 3"x2"x3/4" it makes a very convient package, it's also why the cost more.

Old 02-27-2001, 04:27 AM
dogman

My Kodak DC215 has served me faithfully for the last 2 years, but I definitely need to move up. I wonder if Kodak trades for knives
Old 02-27-2001, 06:49 AM
Terrill Hoffman

OK Bob, how am I going to pay for that web site if you start taking photographs? Keep that up and I'll get an urge for a grinder.
Old 02-27-2001, 08:45 AM
smkorn69

New Careers

Hey Terrill, Let's go to a Hammer-in that should get us on our way. How hard can it be? Let me know and we'll sign up.
Steve
Old 02-27-2001, 03:31 PM
CKDadmin

Re: New Careers

Get him boys!

Alex
Old 03-05-2001, 11:52 PM
MIKE KOLLER

Hey gents,
We haven't seen much of our photo'forging,knifegrinding'graphers .Any body checked CiclePKnives to see what there hollow ground Nikon looks like.
Old 03-06-2001, 07:28 AM
Terrill Hoffman

Momma said I had to do the yard this past weekend! When Momma speaks! Actually, I've been working on a new forge! I set my Nikons on top of intake on my Dodge 360 and hit the gas for awhile. Then I did the same to two old Canon 35mm's. Laid then in a pile and drove back and forth over them to get just the right damascus pattern. Once flattened, I dragged them down I-85 for thirty miles for a little stock removal. With the way my Dodge leaks oil, the quench was perfect. I found an advantage in my method, I was able to pick up a little road kill. As soon as that sucker dries, I'll have the leather for a sheath. Has anyone ever used "possum" bone for a handle material?
Old 03-07-2001, 03:15 PM
CKDadmin

That's funny brother ...

You need to save this one!

Alex

Tags
forge, forging, knife, knives