MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > The Supply Center

The Supply Center What's Hot ... and where the deals are! Supplies are our specialty ...

Old 05-13-2001, 03:51 AM
ansoknives

Re: RWL34

No problem! I know this is dragging I managed to get prices on the RWL only...the Damasteel is another question but cheaper for me anyway...We have reached the 200 pounds allready so we will order soon.
RWL-34
38 * 3.5 mm approx 1.5"* 0.14" 25$ /40"
38 * 4.0 mm approx 1.5"* 0.16" 29$ /40"
40 * 5.2 mm approx 1.6"* 0.21" 40$ /40"

I am not sure if there is other sizes though I kind of remember some others.

Regarding Damasteel all I can say is that it should be cheaper than you can get it from the suppliers in USA and Canada

If any of you are interested let me know..if not it is ok!
Old 05-13-2001, 06:27 AM
Don Cowles

I'm ready, but I'd sure like to see some 1" x .125" in the batch- is that possible? I can live with the 1 1/2" x .140" if it's not.
Old 05-13-2001, 06:39 AM
ansoknives

I will check up on it!

Old 05-14-2001, 01:31 AM
NickWheeler

I agree with Don, it would be nice to see some 1" width on this stuff.

I would like 2 bars of the 1.5 X 0.140, and a couple bars of Damasteel as well.

Let us know how it's going if you can

Nick
Old 05-25-2001, 08:38 AM
ansoknives

I am sorry but I have not been able to find any in 1".

And I can?t get excact prices on the Damasteel. It should however be as cheap as it gets.

We are getting ready to order now so if you could list what you need as soon as possible that would be great. Payment does not have to be now since I wont have to pay before delivery.

Old 05-25-2001, 12:49 PM
artbeyda

Interested in RWL-34 or/and Damasteel?

Hi Jens,
I would like two(2) 40" bars of the .140" thick x 1.5" wide RWL-34 steel. Thanks to you and Nick Wheeler for for all of your efforts.
Best Regards,
Art Beyda
Old 05-25-2001, 05:20 PM
NickWheeler

Jens-

Sounds good. I'm not sure what sizes we can get the damasteel in??? Can we get any of the (5?) patterns???

I really like the dense twist and the Odin's eye is cool too. I need to get my issue of KI back that had the article on Damasteel so I can see how it all looked finished up.

I would really like to do some daggers out of it...but whatever sizes are available will determine what I do with it.

Thanks Jens!
Nick
Old 05-25-2001, 05:54 PM
ansoknives

Nick: try looking around on my site. You will find most patterns there. Also check this: www.ansoknives.com/patterns.jpg for some of them.

For all I know the only pattern in more than one size is ROse which can be had in approx 2.5-3" wide. Very expensive though. Most come around 1 1/4 - 1 /2". Twist comes in a 1" sometimes but I am not sure if you can specifie it.

The pattern I have worked with is the following:

Dense Twist
Rose
2 kinds of Odins Eye (one very theight, one loose in the pattern)
Vinland
Old 05-29-2001, 12:17 PM
JerryO13

www.damasteel.se/
Old 06-20-2001, 05:03 AM
dogman

I have been corresponding with Tim from the U.S. distributor of Damasteel. I told him about our forums and he found this thread. He had some good info on real costs of shipping that much steel to the U.S. and said he could offer a 220lb. order discount with 4 week delivery time. We should ask ourselves, would it be easier to order 200 lbs. in the U.S. and send 50 to Jens or would it be easier to order 200 lbs. in Europe and send 150 to the U.S.?

I asked Tim to pop in and elaborate some more on the subject.

here is their link: www.ssdamascus.com
Old 06-20-2001, 02:13 PM
ansoknives

Hi Bob

Thanks for going into this...if it was like that it would probabl be best like you describe!

However...we are a few makers here in DK that gets close to the 200pounds...I sent my order last week incl about 10 or so bars to the ones here on the forum.

It is abit slow...and I don?t know when they will get here....anyways I think 4 weeks is too fast..as I know it they have to make it first on such big order...and it is at least a week or two in shipping...

anyways..I will let you know when I get the steel!

Old 06-20-2001, 09:04 PM
damascus

Gentlemen:

My name is Tim Marshall and I help out Michael Walker who is the USA Distributor for Damasteel. We recently became aware of this site and forum while setting up a link exchange. Since it appears this is a done deal we will be unable to help out with this order. However in the future we hope you will contact us directly as we can provide substaintial discounts for volume orders or if you prefer not purchase large lots of material we can cut the exact size piece you require. Depending on the pattern and size material ordered price breaks can be obtained with just a few meters. Since we deal with the source on a regular basis we can generaly do a special order like this in about four weeks assuming there are no delays in customs and stock items ship within a few days. All special orders are done by quote so you would be able to compare it to any other sources. We are also here to stand behind the steel with information and assitance if any problems or questions arise. If you are new to working with Damasteel or have used it without going through us we hope you will review the technical information we have posted on the net. As, we want our product to reflect well on your behalf.

Thank you for your time and attention,

Tim
www.ssdamascus.com
Old 06-20-2001, 09:20 PM
dogman

Thanks for dropping in, Tim. Maybe we can get a U.S. only bulk order going and take advatage of your generous offer.

Guys, Tim has been very quick and responsive to my emails when I made my order. I like that kind of service

Tags
blade, knife