MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > KNet Classifieds :: For-Sale Forums > The Supply Center

The Supply Center What's Hot ... and where the deals are! Supplies are our specialty ...

Old 04-16-2001, 12:21 PM
ansoknives

Interested in RWL-34 or/and Damasteel?

I am trying to buy directly from Damasteel AB in Sweeden together with a knifemaking friend here in Denmark.

We will recieve some very good prices if we buy 200 pounds.

The two of us will buy 50 pounds each at least. I am not aware of the prices in the States or Canada but I am willing to send to any of you for my price + shipping as long as it is not small pieces. They come in approx 3 feet lengts. If interested I will try to find out the price for the steel and shipping.

Please contact me if you are interested.
Old 04-17-2001, 05:19 PM
george tichbourne

Jens what sizes will you be purchasing? I am interested in RWL-34 4.5mmX50mm or something close.
Old 04-17-2001, 06:40 PM
C L Wilkins

RWL34

George,
What size is that in English? The metric system hasn't oozed down here yet

I am interested as well, Jens.

Craig
Old 04-17-2001, 07:43 PM
george tichbourne

Re: RWL34

In English it is 3/16" X 2". I am thinking of making a couple of Dirks and want a really fine blade to compliment the handle and fittings.
Old 04-18-2001, 01:01 AM
ansoknives

George: I will be getting that size. The price for steel RWL is going to be approx 15 US$/pound. In a bar size 1.5" * 1/8 * 40" there is approx 2 pounds.

I will get the prices for Damasteel as soon a sposible. It may take some time to get them excact though!
Old 04-18-2001, 04:54 PM
C L Wilkins

RWL34

George,
RWL34 takes a mirror finish like nothing I've seen. I have about 5 feet of 1/8" stock left...

Craig
Old 04-19-2001, 02:55 AM
ansoknives

I am getting real good respons from you guys. That is great! We might reach the 200 pounds sooner than I thought. I have an idea...Since most of you are interested in only a few bars it might be worth a try if someone in the state would recieve the lot and then send to each on the list. Reason is that the shipping for one bar and for 10 bars is not all that different making the savings bigger.

I am not into this deal to make money AT ALL. I am just trying to get the steel cheaper from the manufacturer.
Old 04-23-2001, 12:50 PM
dogman

I definitely would like to try some out. Post a notice when you get close to purchase time.
Old 04-27-2001, 01:42 PM
NickWheeler

I wouldn't mind if you sent it all to me, and then I could send it off to everyone that ordered some. I agree that that would probably make the most sense.

I think something went wrong with my email, but in response to your question, I would like at least a few bars of RWL-34 and a couple of the damasteel. I can't remember, are you getting twist damasteel, or is there another pattern you will be getting?

Thanks,
Nick
Old 04-27-2001, 02:09 PM
ansoknives

That would be great! If we could arrange that payment is all in one too that would save anothe 10$ a head since this is what it costs me to cash a check...Are you man for this too?

I am getting anything avaiable

I will have some prices soon!
Old 04-27-2001, 11:27 PM
NickWheeler

I think I can handle that.

I guess if you sent it all to me with a list of everyone that wants some, then I could just distribute it from here.

I suppose doing something like an ebay sale, where as soon as I get the money from each person covering the steel and their shipping, their order goes out...

Just an idea.

Nick
Old 04-28-2001, 07:59 PM
Mike Conner

I would also be interested in some of both. Let us know when you have the prices and I'll send the money for what I will need to Nick.
Mike
Old 05-09-2001, 03:25 PM
NickWheeler

I haven't heard anymore on this. What's going on with it?

My email is working fine now

Merckman99@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Nick
Old 05-09-2001, 06:29 PM
ansoknives

I am sorry I have not gotten back on this. Hopefully I will have prices on Damasteel on Saturday. I have for some of the RWL. I will post as soon as I know.
Old 05-11-2001, 09:29 PM
C L Wilkins

RWL34

Jens,
Thanks but I have already gotten some more RWL34..

C Wilkins

Tags
blade, knife