MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Photography Discussion

Knife Photography Discussion Share and improve your techniques on knife photography. Web and print imaging discussions welcome. Come on in ...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2008, 10:01 PM

A few new ones - critique welcome

Buddy always shares, and I haven't shown anything. My turn.

I had a fun day with Jerry Oksman this afternoon. He came by with a set of three swords. Oh, yeah. THAT was easy.

After stretching out my tent to fit the swords, I scrapped it entirely. i still coudn't get far enough away to fir them in the frame. I ended up laying the setup on the floor and directing the strobes at the ceiling. it worked just as well.

There is a LOT of stuff going on, but that's the point. This was a matched set over three years from Wally.

Jerry wanted a clean individual shot of the 'small' tanto (It's as large as a long bowie....!) I ended up using my tried and true (favorite) background on this (With FULL credit to Rich Slaughter for the gift of this piece. I can't keep my hands off it.... )

Getting light inside that guard took an outside strobe, and I oiled the steel to make the damascus jump out.

Lastly, he dragged out of his pocket this marvelous EDC folder. I stared at it for minutes trying to figure out the maker. (Don't uncover the credit line and try to guess)

I caved, but was thrilled to see it was from one of my faves. On top of the cleanliness, it is a D/A Scale release auto! Jerry works in NYC. I *don't* think he's letting on about this one....

Lighting was near-perfect for me on this shot. Doesn't always work this easily. I chose a fresh background from my new stash...

Any critiques welcome.

Coop

?? New website improvement for 2010 - Over 5000 images searchable by maker's name! ??

Tags
blade, knife, knives