MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 07-31-2007, 02:16 AM
Enthusiast

Randall Combat Companion

Guys

I notice that over on Vintage Knives Billy has got a Combat Companion for sale, (green canvas and brass) sure is pretty. Supposed to be a new model from Randall. Billy hasn't put up any other specs or any story about the model.

What do you all know about this model? typical blade length and width, origin of the design, is the top edge sharpened? stuff like that.

Thanks
Kevin
Old 07-31-2007, 07:26 AM
Skilled

Brand new MODEL??

Kevin,
This "Combat Companion" is "not" a brand new model. It has been around for decades! I read Billy's (Delta Puppy's) description. He says "brand new from the Randall shop". That's true. The knife was ordered by Billy, from me, and was scheduled out on my April 26, 2007 order. The Randall shop is running 10 weeks behind right now. I received this knife the first week of July and sent it to Delta Pup. That's "brand new" out of the Randall shop, but not a brand new "model", as in a newly introduced model. In fact, Billy bought this exact configuration from me at a Tulsa gun and knife show a couple of years ago. He and his customers both liked it so much, he ordered another. It is and will continue to be..available. It is a cool configuration! Best for now, Captain Chris Stanaback

Old 08-01-2007, 01:02 AM
Enthusiast

Whoops my bad. I havn't seen one before. Cap can you enlighten as to blade length?

Kevin
Old 08-01-2007, 01:40 AM

Cap,

This may be the one you're referring to. Bought it off of e-bay a couple of years ago intending to make it a user, but it was so purty I couldn't bring myself to do that and I ended up putting it back on e-bay.

Ron
Old 08-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Skilled

"Combat Companion"

Kevin and Ron,
The Randall "Combat Companion" is forged from 1/4" bar stock. It is 5" in length and available with every option under the sun. Carbon or stainless. With or without sawteeth. All different types of hardware and handle material you would be able to order on a model #1. As a matter of fact: When you order a 5" Model #5, "Camp & Trail" knife and request the "sawteeth" option, you actually get a "CC"!! This practice started about 15 years ago, if memory serves me correctly. The "Battlefield Buddy", as it is not-so-fondly referred to by the guys in the Randall shop, is a superb all-around choice for a general use camp knife. With a double hilt, it is a splandid self-defense combination. I would want a duralumin butt cap and a wrist thong on one when used as a "fighter". I hope this gives you a very quick overview.
Ron: No, That "CC" you pictured was not the one. I am not a big fan of red / black spacers on a green knife. I am not a big fan of red, white and blue spacers on a big knife. I prefer, either brass / black or aluminum / black, depending upon the other hardware. To save options, I order "all black" sometimes with a black sheath. That looks rich and is acceptable, in my book. Billy bought his "first" "CC" from me at Tulsa..off the table. I don't think I would have made up and taken the red / black spacer combo with me to Tulsa. The latest one on his web site was special ordered and the red, white and blue spacers were installed to save an option. It is a great knife, none-the-less!
Best for now, Captain Chris Stanaback
P.S. Before it was the "Combat Companion"..It was the "RKS" knife...(the first one)CCS

Old 08-01-2007, 03:10 PM

10-4 Cap. Thanks!

Tags
blade, knife, knives