MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions > Fine Embellishment

Fine Embellishment Everything from hand engraving and scrimshaw to filework and carving. The fine art end of the knifemaker's craft.

Old 05-06-2005, 06:39 PM
Enthusiast

My 2 Cents - The NgraveR is a good little machine - Runs off a Foredom or similar, in otherwords you will be using most of the tool when you upgrade to another system. All is not lost. Also, that little Ngraver can get down to individual little taps (when you use the reduction gear head Foredom). That can save your bacon! It can not only engrave but set stones (they all can) but the faster the impacts come the better you better be! If you upgrade and never use it again you will only have lost the cost of the Ngraver not the cost of the Foredom, you will keep using it.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:41 PM

Everyone has had some great input and it is all very valid. Might I suggest if you can spare the time and can invest the time and money in a GREAT vacttion, that you attend a GRS instruction course. You will learn more in a week than you can learn on your own in a year or so of experimenting. I have taken the western and basic classes and highly reccomend either. The people at GRS are top class and very helpful. You will be able to use a variety of tools and learn a ton! Yes they are in the business to sell you some tools here, but they do not presure you, and will help you in anyway possible. These people and the instructors go out of their way to make sure you have a GREAT time.

Hope this is another insight. I am sure other classes besides GRS would also benifit yoo in your choices, but I can personaly speak for the GRS classes.

Frank
Old 05-28-2005, 10:31 AM
Enthusiast

More Schools

There are many more schools available. Not only GRS, but many others offer excellent instruction.
Anyone considering instruction should check out the www.fega.com website for a complete
listing of the schools available in this and other countries.

JohnB.

Tags
knife