MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Factory Knife Customization & Mid-Tech Boards > Randall Knives Forum

Randall Knives Forum Discuss Randall Knives

Old 08-28-2014, 06:03 PM

Best way to sell a Randall Model 14

Hey everyone, Im not really new here, But have not been very active over the last years. Not sure why. The site seems really nice. In my searching for info about this knife I found your site again and have been reading up as much info as I can get about these Randall's

So I have a Randal Model 14 fighter. When I got it, It came with paperwork and was described to me as a Vietnam error knife. There are some interesting carvings on the back of the sheath with unit numbers and dates and hash marks like a countdown. And it came with a bunch of paper documentation about the stuff carved into the sheath.

To me its a awesome knife and the condition is very good for a knife that 40+ years old! I would love to find a good home for it. I truly think it belongs with someones collection. Not collecting dust here.

My question is this. Whats the best way to go about selling a knife like this? What venue? and what sort of price should somthing like this start at?

I have searched the net and prices are all over the place. But I feel this is the real deal as far as age and that it is a survivor knife (sorry may not be best way to describe)

Any advise or input would be very welcomed.
Thanks
Randy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mammoth for sale. Knife for sale. 006 (800x533).jpg (436.0 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by HHH Knives; 08-28-2014 at 06:44 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:59 PM

Hi and welcome, Randy

I have never heard the term "Vietnam error knife". Can you expand on that? Also, a photo of the back of the sheath might be helpful.

I'm not that familiar with newer Randalls, which I believe yours is. My guess is the 90's. For sure it's not Vietnam era as it has a metal thong hole liner. The double stitching on the periphery of the sheath puts that out of the era as well.

The best venue for selling is e-bay as this has the largest audience. At the same time it has the highest fees. My suggestion would be to review ebay completed auctions for Randall knives and establish a market value in your mind based on similar knives. Then you can go to a venue with lower fees such as this forum (Look at the top right of your screen under "MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE" and further under "Other Knives").

Best,

Ron
Old 08-28-2014, 11:09 PM

Ron, Thanks for the reply. This is why I asked and posted a image. I dont know about these knives and what would make it a knife from that time frame. I can only go by a story I was told and the scrates and dates and stuff on the back of the sheath. So its not a 60's Randall at all. and a newer one. And someone scratched names and dates on the sheath.

I was trying to0 say era and somehow typed it wrong.

Again thank you for the info, I appreciate your input and time,.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:40 AM

You're welcome, Randy. When something like this happens, it hurts everyone in the Randall community. I'm really sorry.

Take care,

Ron
Old 08-29-2014, 10:07 AM

There is always gona be someone who will lie and or stretch the truth to try and make the thing "better" But at the same time screw up the marketplace for collectors and other sellers. Not my style. But I know it happens all the time. and thats why I came here to ask you guys.

To me its a awesome Randall knife. which by itself is awesome and the reason I wanted it to begin with.

Again I appreciate you time and help. I would rather know the truth and sell it as a 90's or newer Randall then sell it with the wrong info attached!

Blessings
Randy
Old 08-30-2014, 09:41 AM

It IS an awesome Randall made knife :-) You'd make a good addition to the community, Randy.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:18 PM

Thank! Im a KNIFE KNUT Through and Through! I think Ill poke around more, reading and share a few pictures from time to time!
Old 09-01-2014, 11:06 PM

We LOVE pics!
Old 11-01-2014, 01:23 AM
Banned

night

this is very good post

Tags
art, awesome, back, bee, carved, collecting, fighter, for sale, help., home, image, knife, knives, made, make, metal, post, randall, sell, sheath