MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > The Outpost

The Outpost This forum is dedicated to all who share a love for, and a desire to make good knives, and have fun doing it. We represent a diverse group of smiths and knifemakers who bring numerous methods to their craft.

Old 05-29-2002, 09:42 PM
ghostdog

axe info

Here is a link to some downloadable books. The axe info towars the bottom is supposed to be second to none.

www.sctrails.net/trails/f...spubs.html

ghostdog
Old 05-30-2002, 10:49 PM
ghostdog

axe book

I read the first couple or three sections from the axe book from the above site. So far some pretty interesating stuff with lots of pictures of axe heads offered for sale in The US uin the early 1900's.. The book goes into proper methods of hanging, sharpening, head design etc.

An axe is an incredible tool and as a survival tool weapon goes hand in glove with a knife. When I worked as a big game guide and trapper in the TRUE NORTH, I never went anywhere without an axe/hatchet and knife. I kept a hatchet on my dog sled, attachet to the sled steering handle at all times in case we went through the ice on a lake. A great tool to use to reach out and grab solid ice with.

One time while running dogs on the Teslin trail a pack of wolves came and circled my team and me close enough to touch my dogs with their noses. My dogs just laid down and never moved a muscle. It was weird and I was glad to have the hatchet. I couldn't get them dogs to stand up for about 5 minutes after them wolves left.

ghostdog

Tags
knife