MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Community Discussion Boards > Knife Network Community

Knife Network Community TKN is all about excellence and sharing info. Our 'other' lives are also filled with stories, events, and opinions. This forum is an opportunity to discuss outside interests, personal experience, things that make us happy and things that don't!

Old 07-26-2006, 01:37 PM
Master

Scammed Knife surfaces . . . on eBay

Remember what brought me here? Well one of the scammed knives has appeared on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DME:L:RTQ:US:1

This person is in Israel. I contacted him requesting my property be returned, as it is stolen property. This is his reply.

Quote:
DEAR SIR,
I DID PURCHASE THIS BEUTIFOL KNIFE WITH MONEY THAT I DID PAID, I DIDN'T KNOW THAT THIS KNIFE WERE STOLD AND I'M VERRY SORRY ABOUT IT BUT I DID PAY IN MONEY FOR THIS KNIFE.
SORRY FOR THE DELOAIED RESPONSE CUSE I'M STILL IN VECTION.
I CAN GIVE YOU ANY DETAILS FROM THE KNIFE DELAR THAT I PURCHASE FROM HIM THIS KNIFE
BEST REGARDS,
NIR
Er. . . so did I! And he is selling it for twice it's worth. I sent him a reply saying that the knife is stolen property, and keeping or selling MY property was traffiking in stolen property. Don't think it will matter.

Mods feel free to edit the next part, hope I am not stepping over the line, it just infuriated me that this guy has the gall to say, Oh I paid money for it. That is buying stolen property.

Anyone wanting this jokers email addy PM me. I think he needs to realize it affects the whole knife community when you take such an attitude. That and I am not trying to scam him out of the knife. Also feel free to send him a question about why he would continue to sell a knife that he has been told was stolen and not return the property to the rightful owner.

This is still a very sore subject even 9 months after the original incident.

Thanks!

Paul Vandine
Old 07-29-2006, 01:13 AM
Hall of Famer

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the information, interesting read on scammers. Knock on wood, only had one flake get a few free books free in all these years, pretending to be a dealer. Learned from that one. No more freebies after that.

Even sold a Antler and Iron II booklet to someone in Shangaii China, they paid cash US up front, haven't seen any Mt Man Folders out of China yet, too work intensive for mass production is my guess.

Gene C.

Gene Chapman
Oak and Iron Publishing
www.oakandiron.com/
Old 07-29-2006, 04:22 AM
Master

I would imagine. Thank god for that! You a lucky man, this guy (Vlad not the seller of the knife) has scammed a LOT of folks, ppl, besides myself want him BAD, or at least want to see him get the justice he deserves!

Paul Vandine
Old 07-29-2006, 06:42 AM
Skilled

As of this morning the ebay listing has been pulled. Just FYI.

P. Long

Paul Long-- 108 Briarwood Ln. W.-- Kerrville, Texas 78028-- Ph. 830 367 5536--- pfl@cebridge.net

Tags
knife, knives