MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions

Knife Making Discussions A place to discuss issues related to all aspects of the custom knifemaking community.

Old 03-19-2001, 08:39 AM
dogman

The New Tutorial Section is Up!

Go to the main CKD site and follow the CKD Tutorials link on the button bar. This is just a start and we plan to have the most comprehensive knifemaker tutorial database in the world. Many thanks to our forum members for taking their valuable time to take pictures and share their techniques with us. It is what the concept of "by knifemakers, for knifemakers" is all about.
Old 03-20-2001, 06:07 PM
CKDadmin

If you haven't see the new tutorial section since early today, please have another look and tell me what you think of the adjustments we made. We've also add all of Bruce Evans' and Tim Lively's stuff in a frame navigation system.

You guy's tell me if you like it ... and, if it's easy to use. About 40 tutorials are up now!

Send any new tutorials you have on your personal sites and we'll link them to the system.

Alex
Old 03-20-2001, 06:08 PM
CKDadmin

Use the quick link on the top of the forum header above!
Old 03-20-2001, 07:41 PM
Don Cowles

Alex, you outdid yourself. Looks great!
Old 03-20-2001, 07:56 PM
CKDadmin

Don ... the Dog get's the kudos. But, I'll take the thanks and hope he doesn't read this ... :

Alex
Old 03-20-2001, 09:02 PM
primos

I just took a look. It's great! Good job Dogman.
Old 03-20-2001, 09:46 PM
Jason G Howell

Looks great!
Old 03-21-2001, 12:35 AM
CKDadmin

Terry,

I just added your's to the list. Forgot to tell Dog to grab them. Yours are some of the best general articles I've read! Heck, you're whole site is super-clean!

Alex
Old 03-21-2001, 07:24 AM
primos

Hey, thanks Alex! When I read the first sentence I thought, "added my what to the list"? I never submitted any of them because they weren't "how-to" articles.

I made the decision to go with the more generalized format so I could reach a broader audience. A lot of the questions I get through email are of the "What is...", and "How come..." genre, rather than "How do you do it?"

For instance, the one on differential heat treating came about after several knife enthusiasts wrote asking what it meant, and why some makers do it. While I do mention a few of the methods used, it's not an outright tutorial on the process.

Anyway, thanks for the compliments. I'm honored to be included.

Old 03-21-2001, 05:19 PM
Kris M

The tutorial section is great, but I just thought I would let you know that none of the pictures on the "Catalog Drawings of Old Blacksmithing Tools" link from Tim Lively's site will show up for me.

Kris M
Old 03-22-2001, 01:59 AM
CKDadmin

Thanks Kris ..

Where you been, brother?

Alex
Old 04-04-2001, 09:56 PM
LPowell

Alex,
Great job on the tutorials...my thanks to all who were involved in setting it up on the forum as well as all who have contributed to it. I have a long way to go to get where I want to be as a knife maker, but how could one go wrong with this wealth of knowledge and experience to draw from?

Tags
knife