MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Knife Network : Support & Services > Feature & Member Support

Feature & Member Support Questions about how to use the features on the Knife Network web site? Problems logging in? Post them in here.

Old 06-22-2004, 11:14 PM
Administrator

Events Calendar System : Introduction

The events calendar system on our site is designed to work as a connection point between members and visitors, related to upcoming events and knife shows that members will be attending and visitors may be attending. Our knife show software system allows member/users to have a 12 month calendar which is personalized for each member and schedule and is connected to our member's profile on the Knife Network system.

Each event on your calendar will automatically expire after the event has passed and offers viewers a printable window with detailed address information, contact numbers and directions to the event.

To add a calendar or event to your Knife Network member account, please use the following method:

1) Click "Events" at the top of this screen
2) Default events system view is current month.
3) Look for "Member Login" on the left-hand side of the events system navigation table. Click it.
4) Login with username and password. See membership request form.
5) Once logged in, look for the links:
- Add and Event
- Modify/Delete and event
- Pending Event Adminstration (assumes you allows others to manage your calendar with approval needed)

Once you're logged in and submit a new event, you will see the options on our calendar system are excellent. We basically combined two off-the-shelf scripts and made a pretty cool and very accurate calendar system for our members and guests to use to follow the knife industry shows and events around the world.

Knife Network Members: Please allow 24 hours for initial Knife Network accounts to be set up. If you maintain a profile on our system, we will make every effort to link your calendar to it at set up, but please notify us if you feel this has been overlooked.

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 06-25-2004, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Ed Caffrey Send a message via Yahoo to Ed Caffrey
Good instructions Alex! However, when I try to log in I get this message:
Your username and password combination
did not match any known administrators
of this system. Please try again.

I sent in the admin assit. form several days ago.....I suspect your really busy but just wanted to check.

Caffreyknives@gmail.com

"Every CHOICE has a CONSEQUENCE, and all your CONSEQUENCES are a result of your CHOICES."
Old 06-26-2004, 03:30 AM
Administrator

Ed,

Worked on. Please try again.

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC
Old 06-26-2004, 07:57 AM
Hall of Famer

I just want to say that I think this is one great feature. I'll be able to call up any maker that's a member and see where and when he or she will be at a given location. This will help me keep my own schedule as well. Thanks for this nice feature Alex!

Hensarling Custom Knives

Old 06-26-2004, 04:04 PM
Administrator

Robert,

Once the show schedule system takes off, members spend the time to set up their show schedule entries, random visitors enter events, I think we'll see the most current show calendar system in the knife industry!

My vision for this feature, learning from the CKD and individual sites, was to combine the ability to find any knife show in the world, on any given date, then organize it by type of event and then by KNet member and member/artists who would be in attendance.

The show information our calendar system produces is printable, which is very nice. We're working on a mapquest addition to allow for semi-accurate map viewing and printing. The more information I can find about a show, in advance, the more likely that I am to consider it. Just knowing that many of my friends and those makers who I admire, who will also be there, definitely would make it better decision making information for me.

Alex

[======]~~~~~~~>

Atlantavirtual.com
Atlanta NOC

Tags
knife