MEMBER ITEMS FOR SALE
Custom Knives | Other Knives | General Items
-------------------------------------------

Go Back   The Knife Network Forums : Knife Making Discussions > Custom Knife Discussion Boards > Knife Making Discussions

Knife Making Discussions A place to discuss issues related to all aspects of the custom knifemaking community.

Old 06-12-2002, 09:09 AM
fitzo

Bowie's Hammer-In, June 8-9

Just want to post a note of many thanks to the folks who made my first hammer-in one of the most enjoyable events of my life. To our gracious hosts, Ron (Bowie) and Phyllis Claiborne, I cannot sufficiently convey my gratitude for their fine hospitality. Their efforts to provide us with a marvelous experience go way beyond what could ever be expected. They sure know how to do it right!
Thanks to: James Gibson for the forging demo; forging a blade to such fine shape is inspirational. Len Landrum is such a fine gentleman and marvelous lecturer on heat treat. Hope I can make a blade perform like that some day! Mike Alexander proved that there's no need to pay so much for mosaic pins and they can be done so readily at home. Harley is Harley, as always, a unique and entertaining experience as he guided us through the creation of jellyroll damascus! How Max Burnett can get all those little pieces of chainsaw to weld together effectively is still beyond me.
Thanks also to all those fine people who contributed to the iron in the hat both with goods for drawings and their generosity in buying chances. Mike Garner's generosity buying tickets was well rewarded as he went home with his pockets filled! Thanks for the hunk of cable, Mike (Diamond G). Jim, the food was so good I can still taste that brisket in my head! Rob Frink, you went out of your way to haul a large worktable with three grinders to the event; that rotary platen is going to take the grinding world by storm! TJ, thanks for the fudge! Tammy Pryor, thanks for the t-shirts. Phyllis, you turn one fine cobbler, thanks! Wish I hadn't missed the fine music and Jimmy Hyde's Sunday morning devotional service. And thanks, Sweetie, for herding the pup all weekend and making certain I was well cared for; you are the rock in my life! Jojo, you be a fine dog, and made me proud how you behaved; you're gonna be a fine forge-dog for many years.
I met so many fine people I can't say enough how much they've enriched my life. Earl Johnson, Dana, Mongo, Richard Mize, Ken Durham, Darren, Richard Williams, and all those I've already mentioned, you are a joy to know.
And, finally, a thanks to my two special buds who made this a lifetime memory: Steve "Paltalk" Pryor, your friendship enriches my life immensely. Thanks, bud! And Bowie, I can't say enough to you. A great friend over the net, now you hold and even more special place in my heart. Along with everything else you've given me, you've shown me I can still pound steel even though this broken down body has lost so much! Thank you, my friend.
If Bowie does this again, I'll be there if I have to walk the 600 miles. Thanks, Ron Claiborne. A person couldn't ask for a better time!

Tags
blade, forge, forging, knife