View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 06:42 PM
Skilled

Sorry its taken me so long to reply to your post Wynn....Nice job on the dual material IWB. It looks comfortable. I've been making a fold over design IWB that has a single J hook attached at the bottom (end of the barrel) makes it so it can shift and ride with your movement, but still provide the resistance in the right direction for a proper draw. I like the kydex as it allows for the gun to be re-holstered easily. I'll add a pic when I take a decent one.

I agree with you that a lining needs a mechanical attachment, and an adhesive to keep it from shifting. was thinking that stitching while the kydex is warm or hot would allow for a needle to be pushed through and minimize the sharp edges on the holes, but working time would be thin... So I procrastinate and only think about it...I suppose using a heat gun to warm a small area as you stitch would be one, time consuming, way to go about it.

We'll see what happens

Oh yeah, good job on buying the Kimber, good looks and smooth operation. Only thing better than that would be a glock (minus the good looks part)

"We shall walk with a walk that is measured and slow,
And watch where the chalk-white arrows go
To the place where the sidewalk ends." Shel Silverstein