View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 07:47 AM

I remember that knife I think. Osage handles ought to have a really nice deep rootbeer color by now. Think I forged that out of O1.
Would love to see you at one of the Trackrocks, maybe I can learn how to do it right. After running 38 events, I got smart enough to turn it over to a younger fella. He's doing a great job at keeping it moving forward. Was hard to let go the reins, but I wasn't getting much forging time in. Spent most my time chasing the weasel - keeping things moving, making sure folks played safe, etc. Last event I actually got to use my forge and equipment to make a few blades and teach a few youngsters - felt really good not to be in charge.
The fall event is happening this weekend 25th/26th and will be the first I will miss (hope it's the only one).

Only reason I get on fB is for keeping up with grandkids and for the contacts/customers I have that use it exclusively - not sure why they do. A lot of them are from here and Bladeforums.
Don't much care for most of what goes on there.
And....totally agree the world has gone nuts. Not seen so many bitter people in my life. I live way to close to Atlanta (used to be considered the sticks). So I break loose as often as possible to go to my Lafin Place in Hanging Dog where folks is just folks. How's Mnt Airy these days?

"And, if someone doesn't see things our way...well we'll just cut them.😉" .... then cauterize the wound!

Plus, I'll never be any stranger than you.

Registered Master Artist - GA Council for the Arts
C Rex Custom Knives

Blade Show Table 6-H