View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 03:42 PM
Skilled

I was never a fan of the Model 17 Astro, at face value, until I started purchasing 1960's versions. The re-ground Model 15 Solingen blades are by far and away my all time favorite. And any with the rounded handle get my nod. I have many.

Not to be repetitious, but my very early Solingen version which I have posted earlier in this thread, was shown to several shop employees who all agree that it had no evidence of ever having scales attached. Also, those same gentlemen, namely Jason Randall, Scott Maynard and Aaron Johnson all agreed that the brass hilt was shop soldered to the blade as well.

I'm hoping to still have this one around to show Joe at Gator next year, if for nothing else other than my belief that he deserves to be in contact with any historical RMK items because of his position in our community.

Sam, I love the enthusiasm you put into the brand as well. If everybody had the same passion for the truly historical and unique knives as you, Joe and myself have, and not just to make a fast buck pimping knives off for profit, we would be much tightly woven.

Thank you both!

I might hold onto this one for a little while.....lol