View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Bowles View Post
Very cool model #8 Ron, I remember it. Back then I would get 10 knives of the same model to scrimshaw but of course no sheaths. The first set were model #3s, the second set were model #12-6" Little Bears, I don't recall what the third set was but the fourth set were model #8s. Something that may be of interest is that those early knives to be scrimshawed were made specifically to be sent to me for work. All these knives carried that unusual spacer combination as you can see in my serial number #001 which Gary sent me to photograph a few years ago. It's entirely probable that all ten model #8s were 4-5/8" blades. I may have a photo of those model 8s.... if I can find it.
Hi Rick,

Thanks. Good info and great pic! If you can find out any more info about the 8's or post a photo of them, I'd really appreciate it. Note: I took a look at your scrim at 30X: There's a whole lot more going on at that low altitude than meets the naked eye! If someone sent me 10 knives to scrim (Assuming I had the talent which I don't), I'd need to live to 110 before they were finished up!

Coincidently, I just noticed one of your early 12-6 scrims come up on e-bay (S/N 012):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200687362660...84.m1423.l2649

Best,

Ron