View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 06:31 PM
Skilled

I have the small wheel arm and an assortment from the knifegrinderparts.com site. The workmanship if just fine, very good in fact. I only use these for some of my designs where the underside of the handle area meets the blade and there is a tighter radius than the 2" wheel on the KMG.

Yes, you get a little bounce at the tape joint especially with the more flexible thinner belts like the J-flex. Not as noticeable with thicker, stiffer belts. In fact you'll get little dips and have to move it quickly and keep it moving. When you're hogging out metal with your 60 grits doing the profiling you won't notice a thing. It's in the finishing where it will show up. It isn't a big problem and I've learned how to minimize it.

For the money they are a great value in my opinion. But I believe if you've been using the rubber faced wheels you'd probably be disappointed using these. However, I don't know how long the rubber faced wheels last and they are considerably more expensive.

I wish I had a rubber faced small wheel to use so I could give you a better comparison but I only have experience using these. Heck, I may use a rubber wheel and wonder why I spent the money Dunno. But I assume the rubber eliminates the bounce and the little scalloped or uneven finish that is easy to get with the solid hard wheels.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!!