Thread: Payment methods
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 06:40 PM
Master

I recommend following Ed's advice with setting up your Paypal account. I've been using Paypal for hundreds of transactions for several years with no major problems but it's better to be safe than sorry. Others have had problems with Paypal, and you can see these problems by searching the net...but keep in mind Paypal is a huge company that does many, many transactions and only a very small amount of transactions have problems. Naturally people are more vocal about the bad transactions than the good.

As for the actual transaction methods I haven't tried them all but how I do my own is I linked to my bank accounts debit card/account. When I make a payment to someone the payment goes through immediately. If I have funds in my Paypal account the payment is deducted from there, if not it is taken from my bank account. When I receive payments it goes to my Paypal account, which I then transfer to my bank account...and withdraw soon after.

Using a Premier/Business account can actually be cheaper for you if you accept credit cards. Plus as mentioned before with a personal account you are limited to how much money you can withdraw each month...and how many credit card transactions you can accept. Here's Paypals page on the matter https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...y-fees-outside

With the way my business is set up I couldn't survive without Paypal. I now receive more Paypal payments than other methods combined.