Thread: Hey from Japan
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtec1 View Post
Hey man you don't need anyone close by I am proof of that. when I started I had no clue about anything and had no one close e ventually a year and a half in I did find some one in NY city and I am about 20-45 min above the city but every one here is super willing to help when I first came on I started a thread that was probilly like 100 pages of questions (some of you guys remember that one) point is I learned so much just posting stuff here and ray has gone above and beyond as well....I started not even knowing anything now I have progressed from fixed blade into flipper folders point is it can be done without no one close by....
Hey @dtec1, thanks for the post. Trust me, I know the blessings of a good forum. I can already see the zeal and information available in the threads, and the willingness to teach the uninformed .

My experience with building guitars started on a whim ... was just going to fix an unusable guitar, and with the encouragement of a great forum found myself building a few guitars and basses of my own design. I finally found a luthier buddy a few hours away in Tokyo, and we meet once in a while. He played my most recent guitar and said he’d put it alongside a brand-name Custom Shop guitar any day.

He and I both got the same kit from KnifeKits, so you may see him sign up here any day!