Thread: Ripped Off?
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 08:50 PM
Master

Makers are proud to use various steels and this is a primary part of the listing. I don't know how this maker may operate and with FB, often it is a simple picture being shown. More details have to come from their website if they have one or through messaging before the $ exchange. Knives have their share of characteristics in the making process and some may become more obvious as you become acquainted with the work.

I agree that when a concern/complaint has been brought forth, saying "this hasn't happened in XX" does not negate there is an instance with the owner. His willingness to refund is appropriate. Possibly wording about not having an issue could have been unstated because that is a line that does irritate people. I've had that said to me and it doesn't promote a good feeling. Makes me feel that I'm the 1:2 million to get a product that is outside the norm. Stuff happens so there may well be a new issue to deal which I happened to not have good odds.

We have a friend that manages at the retail level, his CS skills dealing with issues is excellent. Many of us in the crafts don't get that type of situational "training". We do know that our reputations are at stake with each piece. Even though we may not be as eloquent in the delivery, as makers we want our buyer/s to be happy in the end.