Thread: First attempt
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2015, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
...you picked a difficult blade profile for a beginner ...
Hi Cthulhu,
tnx for the feedback, I only realized the difficulties while working on the blade (?nd I don't have professional material, so it's a bit iron-age-work-environment). I hear ya about starting with a regular blade, I'll take your advice into account for attempt 3 (attempt 2 is in the making, it's a clip-ish blade). I luuuuuve the look & feel of skinning blades by the way, and I would like to say it was intended, but it was a freehand drawing to create "something" with 10cm steel I had , but, in my darkest moments, I'm a bit proud of the result, ?nd I still have my fingers and my face

(Cthulhu, like in The Call of Cthulhu? "A monster of vaguely anthropoid outline, but with an octopus-like head whose face was a mass of feelers, a scaly, rubbery-looking body, prodigious claws on hind and fore feet, and long, narrow wings behind.")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crex View Post
Stainless is usually tougher to cut, ....
Tnx Carl for the feedback about the cutting, it's a pain indeed. I'll try the side grinder later this weekend, need to get a blade first. I'll check with the shop owner for some cooling oil, as I already obliterated two drills...

sincerely
g

Gys
very new into the noble art of knife making